I can't run my 3ds with a 64gb sd card, that is already FAT32.

CallixCool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's a micro sd card in a sd card, the 3ds is homebrewed, I have tried using it empty, the original 4gb sd card still works somehow, the sd card adapter I'm using also gets stuck in the 3ds sometimes (might be important), and I have reformatted it multiple times. The 3ds power light turns on, but turns off instantly. I'm exhausted, help. I can no longer find any solutions, it's 2022.

<Its already FAT32>

Last edited by CallixCool,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a micro sd card in a sd card, the 3ds is homebrewed, I have tried using it empty, the original 4gb sd card still works somehow, the sd card adapter I'm using also gets stuck in the 3ds sometimes (might be important), and I have reformatted it multiple times. The 3ds power light turns on, but turns off instantly. I'm exhausted, help. I can no longer find any solutions, it's 2022.
Well get a full sized real sd card

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I think the 3ds can only use 32gb cards without them being formatted a certain way, try watching this video to see if this fixes your problem: When your done formatting it, go to the Luma3DS GitHub page and download the .zip file in the latest release: https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases Now extract the file and put the boot.firm and boot.3dsx files into the root of the SD card.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MicroSD inside an SD adapter should be just fine, but the adapter might be bad if it's one you randomly found. Double check with guiformat.exe that the MicroSD is formatted correctly as FAT32 and not exFAT and afterwards it should work if you put all the relevant files on it. Be aware that any kind of formatting deletes all files on the card, of course.

You can find a download of guiformat at http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm, click the picture to download it. When you try to start the formatting it will complain that it can't access the drive if any file explorer window is still open, so close them after starting the program. The allocation unit needs to be 32678.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the maximum SD capacity that the 3DS can handle is 32GB when formatted as FAT32.
no, that's officially. that's what Nintendo says, no guarantees about anything bigger. however, I'm using a 128GB micro sd card in my n3ds xl. it's a bit sluggish in the home menu after booting up, but it only takes a second or two to find its footing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game