I can't get freeShop to work

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BobSaget1945, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Posted in wrong place any chance we could get this moved?

Anyways..
    I have tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling freeShop about 6 or 8 times now. Every time, I simply cannot get it to download games. I recently put Luma CFW on my New 3ds XL. It's got FBI, I can install freeShop just fine.... I put the title keys (encTitleKeys.bin) into /3ds/data/freeShop/keys But when I try to download a game on there (it doesn't matter which one, I've already tried over 10), it gives the error shown in the attached picture.

Any ideas of what I need to do?!

Attached Files:

Last edited by BobSaget1945, Jun 10, 2017
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Did you delete the freeShop folder when you uninstalled it? That's where problems usually come from.

3. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    I have a folder called "freeShop", located at \3ds\data\freeShop

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Delete it and try again.

5. BobSaget1945
    This message by BobSaget1945 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 10, 2017, Reason: DUDE NO. Read the rules! -rp.
    Jun 10, 2017
  6. Omer

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    I think its not allowed to put the link by the admins , I suggest to edit your post

Last edited by Omer, Jun 10, 2017
    Quantumcat and proflayton123 like this.
  7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    maybe post in the main freeShop thread so the dev can ask you pertinent questions to work out what's wrong.

8. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Hm.. Looks like the original thread was locked, and the creator of FreeShop has been banned on here. Has anybody else ever had the same problem?

9. bobdamnit

bobdamnit GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2014
    United States
  10. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Wow, same problem, even with this 3.1.1 edition. Do you think it's possible I screwed up putting the CFW on my device?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I found a potential problem. I have B9S + Luma installed. However, I haven't updated the system. Could that be what the problem is?

11. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    If I understand you correctly it sounds like you downloaded a enctitlekeys.bin and you're placing it on your sd card. Have you tried configuring freeshop to instead use the title key site to download a enctitlekeys.bin every time you start it? You can easily google for 3ds title keys site and find it. Once you've found it, go to the site, look for the first orange button where it says "Download encTitleKeys.bin" and click the green QR button to the right of it. Now on your 3ds, start up freeshop, go to settings in freeshop by clicking on the gear, tap the Update tab and make sure "Auto-update title keys from URL" has a check mark next to it. Then all you gotta do is tap the QR Code button directly below that check mark and scan the QR Code you already have pulled up on your computer. Once all that is done then you just need to restart the app.

Edit: just looked at the location where enctitlekeys.bin is stored on my sd card and it's under \freeshop in the root of the sd card, I only have a download.bin (whatever that's used for) in \3ds\data\freeShop\keys so maybe moving it will help too.

Last edited by TarkinMX, Jun 10, 2017
  12. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Thanks, but I've tried putting it in both locations (creating a folder called /freeshop on the root), and also downloading the enctitlekeys.bin, and doing it the other way (posting in the url), and neither has worked :(

So I just downloaded a legit cia file, and installed a game with FBI, it works fine. Does this mean that I am safe to assume my CFW is installed correctly?

Last edited by BobSaget1945, Jun 10, 2017
  13. AllenHirai

AllenHirai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    United States
    the dev of freeshop is in prison i thought

14. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    the orginal dev, Yes, not teh fork

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There aren't really a lot of ways you can screw up installing CFW. Either it works, or it doesn't.

16. BobSaget1945
    OP

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, everything was good. I just hadn't updated from 11.0.0 to the latest firmware. Once I did that everything was cool.