Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MC DUI said:
I've played both a bit and I just don't get what's so great about NG2, you just smash a few buttons and the character does a whole bunch of flashy moves with lots of red stuff flying about, I got bored of it very quick, seemed ultra repetitive.

Sure GTAIV was repetivtive as well but I didn't seem to get as bored...

In the end it probably comes down to what types of games you prefer, IMO I'd go with GTAIV anyday.

Most of the people that likes NG2 are Ninja Gaiden fans before they've played this game.

If you're new to it, you probably wouldn't like it, or at least, that how everyone I no has been.

halomasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every NG fan I've heard loved NG2. But my general rule for single player games are that they r rentals or I can wait to get them later. I say get GTA IV while it still has life...its already losing momentum on multiplayer.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It all depends on what kind of game you like - you might like one, the other, or even (gasp) both!

Ninja Gaiden II is hard, at least I think so. Even on easy difficulty! While some may see it as a button masher (and it certainly can be played that way), it actually has a pretty deep amount of moves. If you've ever played Soul Calibur II with the weapons, you'll understand what I mean. There are enough combos to memorize and master that you probably won't use them all by the time your first run through of the game is complete. There's a fair amount of replayability if you want to play through the game over and over (there are achievements for running through the entire game only using each weapon..ick), but I'm pretty sure that most people (other than the hardcore) are going to stop if they manage to get through the game once. If you're an achievement person, this may not be the game for you. Anyone with 1,000 in this game has some pretty ridiculous skills!

Grand Theft Auto IV..well, it is what it is. If you've never experienced the GTA world before, it's a must-buy. All I've done with it so far is the first mission - the rest of the time is just sandboxing! It's such a time waster, like all those casual games from PopCap. I've played for a few hours, and those hours were all spent stealing cars, upping my wanted level, the usual stuff. I don't know why that's so fun, but I think it is. There's obviously a lot to explore and a lot of replayability..not to mention downloadable content for the 360 version, for those that hang on to the game that long. Who knows what (if anything) the PS3 version will get?

I'd say that GTA will probably give you your money's worth and then some, while NG is for the fans/hardcore/want a challenge crowd. It definitely won't be everybody's thing.

Jota.Ce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
jalaneme said:
get ninja gaiden 2, you would be disappointed with gta 4.

Actually happened to me. But I love action games way too much to reflect general public's taste, maybe.

Happened to me to, and I'm not such a big fan os action games.
GTA4 somehow disappointed me, I can't put my finger on what has let me down, but overall I don't like it that much. Gona sell it and buy Ninja Gaiden 2
ninja.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can play fighting game well, go for Ninja Gaiden II. I personally just can't keep up the the different combos in that game though.

GTAIV is pretty fun too.

Dedale

Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've never played NG before the DS one and I liked it. I tried NG2 and I think it's really more fun that DMC 4 but, GTA IV represents a lot of gaming hours...

Get GTA IV from Jota.Ce
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay