JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say it's completely up to you. Both games are so different, it's hard to decide as they're both great games.

I've got both but I'd recommend GTA IV as it has so much replay value. I can't really say how much replayability there is in NG 2 as I haven't finished it yet.

Grovel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I am going to lean towards NGII, but I have a quick question first. I remember in the first game you could unlock the original NG games. Is there something similar to that in this one.

Also, I am not going to flash my Xbox.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Grovel said:
It looks like I am going to lean towards NGII, but I have a quick question first. I remember in the first game you could unlock the original NG games. Is there something similar to that in this one.

How come? You'd be able to get both and they would be free

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
Grovel said:

How come? You'd be able to get both and they would be free

+1

That's what I did and it's awesome.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I personally think GTA4 is overhyped and NG2 was hyped just enough. (Considering how many copies NG2 sold, you might look at it as overhyped but I don't care how well a game sells)

Grovel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't flash my xbox unless I had another one to get online with. Plus I like my achievements so there would be no point in me playing the game unless I was able to add them to my current achievement score.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don't instantly get banned unless you mess something up. I have old firmware and still no ban.

Also even if your console gets banned, your profile doesn't get banned. Even the achievements you get from banned console will still be reflected once you log in from unbanned console. (Like bring your HDD/memory card to friend's house or something)

I'd say if you get 4000 points from a modded 360, flashing was worth it. (And 8000 points before RROD.)

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Achievements still work no matter what, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, I'd have to say GTA4. Sandboxing around in that game can entertain you for pretty long. After you beat NG2, there's not much replay value unless you wanna beat the two new difficulties and collect all the skulls.
Not only that, NG2 is very similar to NG1 in too many ways.
GTA4 is at least a new engine.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ninja Gaiden 2 may be one of Tecmo's last games. And seeing how much I loved Ninja Gaiden black, and Ninja Gaiden DS, I'd rather get the Ninja gaiden 2. GTA4 is still great though, in my opinion.

300 employees are suing Tecmo, currently.

If you want proof, it's in the User news section.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not just "300" it's every single employee of Tecmo which makes up 300.
Quite amazing I must say.

Itagaki moved on anyway, even without the lawsuits, there wouldn't have been more NG.

Deciding between NG2 and GTA4 depends completely on what interests you.

NG2 has sweet gameplay, shit storyline, no replayability other than achievements and harder difficulties. No level select. Outdated engine, and the only online aspect is uploading/download gameplay movies.
It will be somewhat fantastic ride for about 5 hours, and painful boss battles. Not to mention you fight every boss at least twice, with the exception of the metal electric worm thing.
In a way it was very similar to DMC4, minus the dice roll game. Not to mention the AI is a bit more tough.

GTA4 has sandbox gameplay, which in theory is unlimited replayability. Storyline is boring to many, but it got me to beating the game, and reloading my save to do the other ending. Online with a plethora of gametypes. Downloadable content to come.
It will most likely take you around 26 hours to beat the entire story, and that's without fooling around. Of course many missions are boring tutorials, but hey you get money which you can spend on.....weapons?

If you REALLY liked NG and want another thrill, go for it.
If you've played GTA and NG and you know which one you like more, go for the sequel of that one.
If you have no idea and just want a good game, go GTA4.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've played both a bit and I just don't get what's so great about NG2, you just smash a few buttons and the character does a whole bunch of flashy moves with lots of red stuff flying about, I got bored of it very quick, seemed ultra repetitive.

Sure GTAIV was repetivtive as well but I didn't seem to get as bored...

In the end it probably comes down to what types of games you prefer, IMO I'd go with GTAIV anyday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q