I cannot get PS2-FPKG to work.. I've tried EVERYTHING.

Elbarto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just got ps4 jb access thsnks to 9.00 and im trying to do the same thing on a windows 10 machine. Im not having the same problems but i cant get any game to run.
When I try to add custom art icon/Bg images I get errors. If i dont add art, I dont get errors but the installed pkgs wont load any firther than the playstation 2 splash screen. No clue what I'm doing wrong. I've tried a few isos, bins (half life, silent hill shattered memories) and they are listed compatible and one was listed as officialy supported (god hand) I'm at a loss, gonna try on a old win 7 machine next or use ps2 classics gui.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just got ps4 jb access thsnks to 9.00 and im trying to do the same thing on a windows 10 machine. Im not having the same problems but i cant get any game to run.
When I try to add custom art icon/Bg images I get errors. If i dont add art, I dont get errors but the installed pkgs wont load any firther than the playstation 2 splash screen. No clue what I'm doing wrong. I've tried a few isos, bins (half life, silent hill shattered memories) and they are listed compatible and one was listed as officialy supported (god hand) I'm at a loss, gonna try on a old win 7 machine next or use ps2 classics gui.
What errors?

Elbarto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Convert exe application error
The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b

Convert exe system error
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Try reinstalling.

Theres a few .dll missing errors that pop up and i even tried this process on a windows 7 machine and have the same results.

I can get some games working using the other option - classic ps2 gui program, but that doesnt have any options to add art or widescreen patch, etc.

Last edited by Elbarto1,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4's compatibility with PS2 is far from perfect from what I've noticed.

Games can give you an error, just a blue screen, or ut works, but buttons are mapped differently.

This is disappointing because I was thinking about loading all my favorite PS2 games in a PS4 Pro.

A5H73Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have finally found the solution for:

Code:
[Debug]    2021-12-31 13:15:34 Create image Process started.
[Error]    Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Content ID)
[Error]    Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Title ID)
[Warn]    The required file is missing (sce_sys/pronunciation.xml). The created package will not be imported into GEMS.
[Error]    2021-12-31 13:15:34 Create image Process finished with error(s).

I tried created a new Windows user with no space in my name, tried making the path to the iso with no spaces, I'd tried disabling every single tick box on the program, tried using older versions of PS2-FPKG to no avail.

The issue was with the "Title" field next to the "Create fPKG" button. The game I tried had a special character in it "&", changing this to "and" resolved the problem. Additionally, I do think that creating a new User with no spaces fixed the other scenarios that were failing for me too.

Reactions: godreborn

bane55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The issue was with the "Title" field next to the "Create fPKG" button. The game I tried had a special character in it "&", changing this to "and" resolved the problem. Additionally, I do think that creating a new User with no spaces fixed the other scenarios that were failing for me too.
It didn't work.
I tried reinstalling visual c++.

oTropicaLx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
was there ever a fix for these errors first mentioned?

i have these errors

[Debug] 2022-09-11 10:42:06 Create image Process started.
Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Content ID)
Format of the param file is not valid. (sce_sys/param.sfo, unexpected Title ID)
[Warn] The required file is missing (sce_sys/pronunciation.xml). The created package will not be imported into GEMS.
2022-09-11 10:42:07 Create image Process finished with error(s).

ive tried this and also tried another laptop. I have used only windows 10 machines and have no access to others. any ideas to help would be amazing. thanks.

reap12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're never going to believe this..
I done some more digging around online to see if I could find ANY solution to my issue. I came across one comment in a forum where someone suggested that the issue was caused by having a space in the Windows username. So I created a new user account on my PC without any spaces and BAM it worked.
Man, thank you. I had the same problem as you did and no matter what I did, the app would error out. Yet it worked on my other PC's. Go figure.

I made a second account as well. It may not be practical but at least it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse