Homebrew I called Nintendo about 022-2812...

chaojimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...And they were able to give me the exact date and time that UNAUTHORIZED data was sent from the 3DS to the server. The lady on the phone was a superior and said that it was not in her power to lift the ban and that there is literally nothing she can do.

Time to get another 3DS B O I Z.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain why tf you went online in a game that wasn't even actually released yet? What did you think would happen? Also, couldn't you format the 3ds, reinstall CFW if need be, and just re download games with freeShop? If you restore, can't u get a new NNID?

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"NINTENDO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN A 3DS IS PLAYING PIRATED GAMES" Also, they said that it's possible to bypass it..you shouldn't need to buy a new 3DS. I hope.

Reactions: Yepi69

GeckoGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just assuming the worst here. We might have a method to bypass the 002-0102 ban and be able to play online games, but my pokemon bank account is almost as important to me, and we have no idea how to fix NNID related services afaik.
I'm just waiting to hear about somebody calling nintendo and asking them to transfer the NNID from a banned console to a new one, then I'll probably buy a black friday new 3ds.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
...And they were able to give me the exact date and time that UNAUTHORIZED data was sent from the 3DS to the server. The lady on the phone was a superior and said that it was not in her power to lift the ban and that there is literally nothing she can do.

They want you to buy another 3ds, that's why no one at Nintendo HQ can't supposedly do anything to lift your ban, as they say

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went online on my leaked copy of moon and didn't get banned I tried omega Ruby after and online functions work so we're safe now

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They want you to buy another 3ds, that's why no one at Nintendo HQ can't supposedly do anything to lift your ban, as they say

"They" are just a support team which don't give a damn if you buy a 3ds or not, they get paid regardless. Nintendo just probably found it outrageous that so many pirates were playing before the game even came out and decided that they had to do something about it, I'm pretty sure that we won't see any serious ban-waves after release.

I just went online on my leaked copy of moon and didn't get banned I tried omega Ruby after and online functions work so we're safe now

It's not an auto ban system, I wasn't banned either and I went online before the game was released. So you not being banned doesn't mean that "we're safe".

Last edited by Ra1d,
Reactions: WeedZ

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
"They" are just a support team which don't give a damn if you buy a 3ds or not, they get paid regardless. Nintendo just probably found outrageous that so many pirates were playing before the game even came out and decided that they had to do something about it, I'm pretty sure that we won't see any serious ban-waves during release.

If they are a support team, then they obviously have the ability to unban you... They are told to say that they cannot do anything.
By "they", I refer to Nintendo. Nintendo wants you to buy other consoles so they won't unban you no matter what.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If they are a support team, then they obviously have the ability to unban you... They are told to say that they cannot do anything.
By "they", I refer to Nintendo. Nintendo wants you to buy other consoles so they won't unban you no matter what.

Nintendo wants you to stop playing the game before it's released, they could have been much more strict with their bans if they wanted you to buy consoles.

Reactions: Jeph and TVL

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No matter what support says i'd wait 15 days (since ban) before you go out and buy a new 3DS. In companies like nintendo the right hand often has no idea what the left is doing. And since members of the press and other legit cartridge users were banned too (albeit in much smaller numbers) it makes sense to me that it'll turn out to be temporary.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an auto ban system, I wasn't banned either and I went online before the game was released. So you not being banned doesn't mean that "we're safe"

Why on Earth would they start Banning people after the game has already been released
They don't have the ability to detect if your game is pirated or not

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine mom or dad seeing the newest pokemon game sitting on the shelf and decide to buy it for their young child. Neither one knows the retailer put it out a week early and so little Jimmy goes online and now his 3DS is unable to connect to any online service ever again. I would not be a happy parent.

... and how many times did this happen? 10 tops!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"NINTENDO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN A 3DS IS PLAYING PIRATED GAMES" Also, they said that it's possible to bypass it..you shouldn't need to buy a new 3DS. I hope.

That's true, but since Pokémon Sun/Moon got leaked already a month before release and they're so many players already, they can tell. Not sure if a few people with actual carts (somehow?) got banned aswell.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

this is only half true. of course she could unban you by going through all the official channels, apparently, console bans are actually handled by japan. the thing is, she is literally not allowed to unban you based on the ban you received.

Imagine mom or dad seeing the newest pokemon game sitting on the shelf and decide to buy it for their young child. Neither one knows the retailer put it out a week early and so little Jimmy goes online and now his 3DS is unable to connect to any online service ever again. I would not be a happy parent.

in that case, you can tell them you got the cart in a shop, they will punish the shop and unban you if you give them proof you were playing the real game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

Exactly, it's not in Nintendo's best interests to do permanent bans like this.

My nephew was banned. My cousin got him a cfw'ed machine, he downloaded Moon and decided to go online. My cousin was livid. (It was a brand new Galaxy style one.) He's not getting much for Christmas and certainly not another n3DS XL.

yashar13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I called nintendo today and the person told me to write an email to [email protected] (I'm Italian) and ask if it's temporary or perma ban, they answered my email to give em my serial number and NNID, now I'm waiting for an answer.
However I called them a second time to see if I can get another answer and they told me it's a forever ban because I played pirated versions of unreleased pokemon game. So I really don't know, I'll update you when I'll have answer to the email

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.