Homebrew I called Nintendo about 022-2812...

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Imagine mom or dad seeing the newest pokemon game sitting on the shelf and decide to buy it for their young child. Neither one knows the retailer put it out a week early and so little Jimmy goes online and now his 3DS is unable to connect to any online service ever again. I would not be a happy parent.

Parents can do everything if they are united for little Jimmy!!!

chaojimbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain why tf you went online in a game that wasn't even actually released yet? What did you think would happen? Also, couldn't you format the 3ds, reinstall CFW if need be, and just re download games with freeShop? If you restore, can't u get a new NNID?
Review copy.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Imagine mom or dad seeing the newest pokemon game sitting on the shelf and decide to buy it for their young child. Neither one knows the retailer put it out a week early and so little Jimmy goes online and now his 3DS is unable to connect to any online service ever again. I would not be a happy parent.
Y'know, I've thought about calling them and saying that I was a parent that bought the game for my child and this happened just to see how far I could go down the hole.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain why tf you went online in a game that wasn't even actually released yet? What did you think would happen? Also, couldn't you format the 3ds, reinstall CFW if need be, and just re download games with freeShop? If you restore, can't u get a new NNID?
its a hardware ban.

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can still get banned from playing the leaked CIA , though the CIAs from freeShop etc are safe.

A user has tested the leaked CIA. v0 is safe.

So here we have it here.

I played the CIA leaked version for ten minutes in WIFi. Festival plaza, and made a free battle. Everything went along as planned. It works.

I went to the Eshop it works. No error code whatsoever.

I have just used Triforce Heroes and tested Wifi. Works fine with no error codes at all.

Note that I have never connected to the internet before the release date of today, meaning no chance of ban waves affecting me at all.

It is completely safe as long as you respect the release date from your region.

For those asking whether it is safe to transfer the leaked CIA save to the cart that you yourself bought, go right ahead. I have made multiple trades today and everything worked. All my games worked and Eshop also worked. The date of the save has never been changed as well (again it is based on the 3DS clock so it will not matter at all.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, due to fearmongering from people thinking that the leaked CIA is the one causing the bans.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"NINTENDO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN A 3DS IS PLAYING PIRATED GAMES" Also, they said that it's possible to bypass it..you shouldn't need to buy a new 3DS. I hope.
Expect they don't.
What they do know is when someone uses their servers on a game that they shouldn't have yet.

Also considering others have said it's a "Temp ban" and no one has officially confirmed that it's a perma ban, I am just going to say this thread is just pointless fear mongering

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: gamefan5

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Expect they don't.
What they do know is when someone uses their servers on a game that they shouldn't have yet.

Also considering others have said it's a "Temp ban" and no one has officially confirmed that it's a perma ban, I am just going to say this thread is just pointless fear mongering
if you go on the eshop with any cias I imagine they know they just need to cross reference your tickets. but idk thats just my theory

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
if you go on the eshop with any cias I imagine they know they just need to cross reference your tickets. but idk thats just my theory
Expect they still can't prove that it's not a cart. They can prove I didn't download it, but that doesn't prove it's not a cart.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Expect they still can't prove that it's not a cart. They can prove I didn't download it, but that doesn't prove it's not a cart.
a cart dont need a ticket does it? plus eshop knows its digital since it gives the repair and redownload and cart dont give you that option.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They can definitely tell the difference since each cartridge has a unique header but a CIA doesn't. That's one thing that definitely contributed to the recent ban wave.
Yes, no. I am not 100% sure on how CIAs work, but I do know they are really hard to work around with Nintendo. Because my boyfriends were both banned, but I was running the same Pokemon Sun ROM and I wasn't banned. Although I didn't go online.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, no. I am not 100% sure on how CIAs work, but I do know they are really hard to work around with Nintendo. Because my boyfriends were both banned, but I was running the same Pokemon Sun ROM and I wasn't banned. Although I didn't go online.
The ROM itself isn't what sets them off, but rather identifying information about the ROM. This is why flashcart users have to use privately acquired headers. It's also why I would trust earlier leaks of SuMo that have a version number of 0. Though going online with an obviously leaked copy of a game is %100 probable cause to ban someone.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The ROM itself isn't what sets them off, but rather identifying information about the ROM. This is why flashcart users have to use privately acquired headers. It's also why I would trust earlier leaks of SuMo that have a version number of 0. Though going online with an obviously leaked copy of a game is %100 probable cause to ban someone.
It still boils down a few facts
Nintendo still has hard time with CIAs
Going online with early release games is a dumb idea.
And no one knows for sure if these bans are perma bans.

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would nin want to lift your ban if you stealing their freaking games and being stupid enough to go online with them b4 release date?
That's just lame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later