I bricked my New 2DS XL

Zeynrox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was deleting stuff from GodMode9 and I deleted some unnamed apps under the title ID CTR-P-CTAP and now when I power it on, it shows the splash then black screens.

How can I fix this?
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to specify, it was in the SYSNAND. GodMode9 and Luma3DS still start when I press their button combos if that helps.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was deleting stuff from GodMode9 and I deleted some unnamed apps under the title ID CTR-P-CTAP and now when I power it on, it shows the splash then black screens.

How can I fix this?
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to specify, it was in the SYSNAND. GodMode9 and Luma3DS still start when I press their button combos if that helps.
Do you have a Nand backup file from before you started deleting random files?

Zeynrox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A random app appeared with no name and black background, upon starting it, it would crash and turn off.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it running again, thank you to everyone who replied.
So, for the benefit of future readers, what exactly did you do?

and now when I power it on, it shows the splash then black screens.
(Also, please don't use words like "bricked" when your unit is still doing things like "showing the splash".)

Reactions: E1ite007

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(Also, please don't use words like "bricked" when your unit is still doing things like "showing the splash".)
it was effectively bricked since they went around deleting random things off sysnand without a backup, and was only saved by the brick protection offered by b9s

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it was effectively bricked
"Effectively bricked" is not bricked! The term "brick" originated from a unit that literally couldn't do anything at all and couldn't do anything but act like a "brick". How many actual bricks do you know of that have functional screens capable of displaying things?

There are heaps of different ways that systems can be "effectively bricked" and to call all of them a "brick" just deprives the term of all meaning.

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto