Hacking Question I bought yesterday a new switch with 1.0.0 firmware

Cornifex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Yesterday, i bought a new nintendo switch console which had the 1.0.0 firmware. :(

Knowing that i want hombrews, my question is : should i update the system to 2.1.0 firmware or stay in 1.0.0 (i read in another topic that there is no exploit in the 1.0.0 firmware).

Thank's for your help.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Yesterday, i bought a new nintendo switch console which had the 1.0.0 firmware. :(

Knowing that i want hombrews, my question is : should i update the system to 2.1.0 firmware or stay in 1.0.0 (i read in another topic that there is no exploit in the 1.0.0 firmware).

Thank's for your help.
Neither 2.1.0 nor 1.0.0 have a released exploit at the moment.

Cornifex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your answers. So, if the 1.0.0 firmware does not even have a browser, i think that i will update to 2.1.0.

But i wonder if i could update to 2.0.0 with a legit game cartridge like 3DS was ? (i wonder if Zelda BOTW has the 2.0.0 update in the cartridge ???)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answers. So, if the 1.0.0 firmware does not even have a browser, i think that i will update to 2.1.0.

But i wonder if i could update to 2.0.0 with a legit game cartridge like 3DS was ? (i wonder if Zelda BOTW has the 2.0.0 update in the cartridge ???)
No, it doesn't. A I don't think there's any game that have it. Also, if it works in Switch like in 3DS, it won't update the browser so...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, it doesn't. A I don't think there's any game that have it. Also, if it works in Switch like in 3DS, it won't update the browser so...
I expect it actually does update the browser. On 3DS there was no reason, since if you had access to the internet, you were able to update to the latest firmware in System Settings. But this browser is for access points that require authentication, so if your only wifi access was behind a login page, you'd need a way to update the browser offline to actually use it. It would be a dumb move to require an online update to use that feature, since some people would be stuck offline with no way to update and no way to log in to the wifi network.

Reactions: Bedel

SkulllKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you cant, the only way to update is via internet, it is a risk, you can stay on 1.0.0 to wait for a way to update to 2.0 but i dont think it gonna be a way for that, so you can update to wait if someone found a way to access on 2.1

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect it actually does update the browser. On 3DS there was no reason, since if you had access to the internet, you were able to update to the latest firmware in System Settings. But this browser is for access points that require authentication, so if your only wifi access was behind a login page, you'd need a way to update the browser offline to actually use it. It would be a dumb move to require an online update to use that feature, since some people would be stuck offline with no way to update and no way to log in to the wifi network.
Well this is right, but afaik there isn't still any game that uptades the software. We'll just have to wait

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

First exploit will most likely be a hard mod anyway, which will hopefully allow you to downgrade once a soft mod is born.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw