I asked people what the worst Windows OS is, and everyone's pointing at Mistake EDDition.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"That's why we're not shipping Windows 98 yet."

But no, the version of Windows 98 they showed off is most likely a beta build where they still needed to fix a few bugs, like the one where they tried plugging in devices such as a scanner.
Windows 98 is still known to be a rather unstable version of Windows though.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
"That's why we're not shipping Windows 98 yet."

But no, the version of Windows 98 they showed off is most likely a beta build where they still needed to fix a few bugs, like the one where they tried plugging in devices such as a scanner.
Windows XP always bothered me with how much it lacked drivers. Every time you plugged in ANYTHING to that OS, it had it's hand out wanting a driver. I wish Snappy Driver Installer Origin was around back then, it would have been such a life saver at the time. "Driver downloaders" back then were a joke, and usually a scam with malware.

Reactions: Kioku and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows XP always bothered me with how much it lacked drivers. Every time you plugged in ANYTHING to that OS, it had it's hand out wanting a driver. I wish Snappy Driver Installer Origin was around back then, it would have been such a life saver at the time. "Driver downloaders" back then were a joke, and usually a scam with malware.
There was one that I remember many years ago called "SlimDrivers". If I recall correctly, it would let you install some drivers with the rest you had to pay for.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows Me definitely deserves that ranking.

Windows 11 as bad as it is, it functions as it should, it's just that it's filled with horseshit that a desktop OS shouldn't have or at least make it OPTIONAL than force it upon the users to "get used to it, dude."
Post automatically merged:

only 25 votes..total
You can go around the internet and you'll find people will bring up Windows Me as the worst. Then comes Windows Vista and Windows 11.

There are a few that defend Windows Vista as "very stable and nice looking," except they forget SP2 was released years after while I and many others used Vista as it originally launched and it was a bunch of broken bullshit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg