Hacking I am trying to make a texture mod I created compatible with the switch version of the game GTA SA DE

Notquite_x3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently successfully made a mod in GTA SA definite edition, this mod replaces the mp5 weapon with the Uzi weapon found in gta VC DE, everything worked in the end but now I’m looking to put that mod on my Nintendo switch, I’ve found it’s not compatible.

The models works but the texture itself doesn’t. I believe this is because the texture for this item is swizzled.

Which is why we find that some mods work on switch and some don’t. Some original textures are regular and some are swizzled.

I need advice on that to do or where I’ve been going wrong, I have access to both the swizzled and the i sizzled version of the texture, just not sure what to do.

I’ve attached some images directly from switch. You can see where I’ve replace model and textures of the pistol it works as the original files aren’t swizzled for that but when I apply the same rules to the mp5 the switch doesn’t read it the same way.

I’d appreciate if someone could educate me abit, this is abit of passion project for me as u can see 😂

Attachments

• IMG_8466.jpeg
    IMG_8466.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8467.jpeg
    IMG_8467.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: AkiraXleb

Site & Scene News