I am new here and I need your help. I need R4i cards for dsi v1.4.1

BenRocha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new on this forum and not sure if this is the right section to ask for help. My two sons' acekard 2i do not work anymore and I have to buy an R4i flash carts. My sons have dsi v.1.4.1 consoles. What R4i flashcarts model must I buy that work well for their dsi v1.4.1? Are those r4i pre-loaded with kernel/firmware (sorry, I am not well verse about this) that would be a plug and play onto their dsi v1.4.1? I am in USA, so where can I buy these r4i flashcarts? I know there are few websites I see but which ones are reliable and can accept payment from USA and can ship items to USA. I hope you guys can help. If the r4i flashcarts are not pre-loaded with kernel/firmware, where can I get those? Will the seller provide the kernel/firmware and instructions? Thanks a lot in advance.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey, welcome to the temp!

As for what cart you should buy, the ones that I know that are usually recommended are either the ones from r4ids.cn or the Supercard DSTWO. If you have some time, I recommend you look into TWiLight Menu++ as that's what I'm using instead of my flashcart now.

BenRocha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to check r4dids and viewed the USA online stores...unfortunately a lot have missing URL links and bad wesbites. I see old.r4wood and r4wood but they do not sell R4i cards to US customers. Is nds-card a good online store? Thanks

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A flashcart is no longer necessary for the DSi. You can install HiyaCFW and then run games directly from the SD card (specifically using the aforementioned TWiLight Menu++). The installation process is fairly painless.

As for what cart you should buy, the ones that I know that are usually recommended are either the ones from r4ids.cn or the Supercard DSTWO.
The DSTWO might be nice, but isn't it discontinued and expensive on the secondary market?

The R4i 3DS Gold Plus is a safe bet, since it wasn't blacklisted by the latest firmware update, but it might be overkill if one does not plan to ever use it for ntrboot on a 3DS.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

BenRocha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Kwyjor,

Sorry, I am not a gamer and know nothing about HiyaCFW or any tricks to tweak the dsi. I just want to buy flash carts so my sons can play their dsi games again. So you recommend the R4i 3DS Gold Plus? Where can I buy it? I am from USA. Thank you very much.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The DSTWO might be nice, but isn't it discontinued and expensive on the secondary market?
I haven't been updated on flashcarts really, apologies.
Hi Kwyjor,

Sorry, I am not a gamer and know nothing about HiyaCFW or any tricks to tweak the dsi. I just want to buy flash carts so my sons can play their dsi games again. So you recommend the R4i 3DS Gold Plus? Where can I buy it? I am from USA. Thank you very much.
As I'm not in the US, I can't really assist you on where to buy inside the USA but online, nds-card should suffice as they once had an advertisement partnership with GBAtemp. Should you change your mind about installing TWiLight Menu++, this seems like a good guide. Note that should you choose to buy from nds-card, it might take some time because as far as I know, they ship from overseas and with the current pandemic, that might take even longer. I suggest giving the guide a read because it isn't really all that much complicated and you can do it ASAP as long as you have SD cards laying around.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I am not a gamer and know nothing about HiyaCFW or any tricks to tweak the dsi.
Didn't you come here hoping to learn from knowledgeable people? Especially if you are having difficulty obtaining a new flashcart? The setup process is described in simple terms at https://dsi.cfw.guide/ .

You are aware that the DSi has a separate SD card slot in addition to its cartridge slot, right? I am saying it is now possible to load ROMs onto that SD card directly rather than using a separate flashcart. Doesn't that sound convenient to you?

Why did your Acekard 2i stop working, anyway? If you accidentally did a firmware update then they would be on 1.4.5 and not 1.4.1. Either way, installing HiyaCFW also enables blacklisted flashcarts to work again.

Reactions: jeannotte

BenRocha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am here for a primary objected of asking experts like you to help me in recommending a good R4i card for my sons' dsi console. They were using acekard 2i. One card suddenly became inoperable (maybe it has a timebomb). The other card, well I made it into a brick (my mistake). My two sons are not avid gamers. They just want to have fun from time to time.
I know you wanted me to tweak into the dsi so we can just use the sd card without R4i cards. I know it seems easy for you and maybe I can do it too BUT I just do not want to take a risk in me doing that. So if someone there would be kind to recommend a good R4i card to work on my sons dsi with version 1.4.1, and send me instruction how to download (and from where to download the kernel), I would appreciate it very much. Also, maybe you could recommend too where must I buy this r4i cards. I am in USA and I know some overseas sellers do not want to sell and ship the cards to USA. Thanks y'all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo