I am importing a New Japanese 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ytsu12, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Will I be able to change the language and locale using a CFW on the import 3DS? I have been searching a little and couldn't find anything definitive other than I can play other regions games not about changing local o language settings.

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    You can region change but on n3ds you won't have Eshop access though. With freeshop that's a small concession. You probably need a Japanese exploit game though. If it comes on 11.0/11.1 unless you have another Japanese o3ds/n3ds you're screwed (or if you're willing to hardmod which most people aren't for some reason)

3. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 不中国人

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    You can reigon change o3ds without losing eshop

4. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    You're screwed if it comes with firmware 11.0/11.1.

5. eyeliner

eyeliner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2006
    What is the point of importment, giving that with Luma you can play other region gameware?

6. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by ytsu12, Sep 21, 2016
  7. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    This is why I specifically mentioned n3ds. N3ds losing eshop access with region changing.
    Not entirely, as I mentioned above. With another (hacked) Japanese console or a hardmod he can still mod it.
    I don't know if you know but I know that Japanese consoles look way cooler than European / American ones (except the galaxy one). I'd gladly pay €300+ for a Pikachu N3DS XL or the Zelda N3DS XL one. Japanese 3dses are just way cooler.

8. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Oh ok, thanks for the help

9. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    I imported a Japanese n3ds because I didn't want the XL model (back when the smaller one wasn't available in the US). Region change was the only way I could find to switch to English, but it went smoothly (I did lose all eshop access as people have mentioned)

When I switched over to A9LH I followed the Plailect guide everyone recommends and I only ran into one issue. In the region changing section of the guide he says to install the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer image appropriate to your device. You actually want to install the one for your target region. I think the guide has been updated to correct that now.

Last edited by Zaide, Sep 21, 2016
  10. zdgr4ye5

zdgr4ye5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    United States
    I have new 3ds LL imported from Japan, and to play games in english I use luma local changer(it was on gbatemp somewhere) , but all 3ds interfaces still in Japanese. And eShop only Japan one)

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2006
    Indeed. Yellow really is the color. What fun is walking around with something that looks like a squashed banana in my hands. Overpriced too. Why not save some money and send some part my way and some part being used in a case? They might have crayons of electrical mammals in them, if you do so wish.

So, they offer refreshment? How odd. I am curious about the fantastic technology used. Might be the color, mayhaps? Ice cubes hidden in the circuitry? Or is it the depiction of a hamster that gives such wondrous result?

Mysteries abound...

Just having fun, y'all. :)

12. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    What are the hard mods if you dont mind linking one?

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Actually, they can no longer downgrade with another hacked Japanese system, as either game needed to downgrade was removed from the eShop. So, if it comes with 11.0+, their only option is a hardmod.

14. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Over priced? its $200 its not expensive at all same as the ones in america and europe.

edit: sorry posted wrong link here it is $200 and only a few bucks for shipping Click here

Last edited by ytsu12, Sep 21, 2016
  15. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    So with a hardmod and a cfw is it possible to make a japanese n3ds fully english?

16. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    It's a waste for a person buying a foreign 3DS but don't want that foreign region.
    You had better sell it to who in need, then buy a cheaper local region 3DS.

wsquan171 likes this.
  17. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Yup, there's no longer a DSiWare exploit game in the Japanese e-shop. So the only way to go is hard mod.

One idea is get a damaged N3DS but with a working motherboard of your region and swap it out with the Pikachu case. You'll have a special Europe region Pikachu N3Ds. Probably the only one in the whole world.

18. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Hmm ok, that sucks that is one of the only options along with hardmod, welp I guess I have a use for my n3ds xl with a broken screen now, I am pretty sure the mothboard is intact so woop.

19. Tyrant82

Tyrant82 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    Australia
    I can feel ya, i want to order myself a jpn new 3ds xl famicom one and swap the mainboard with one of my eur a9lh ones just to have a eur famicom new 3ds xl model....

20. ytsu12
    OP

ytsu12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I like the famicon one as well, but yellows and blues are my favorite color, and the pikachu one seems so epic.

Tyrant82 likes this.