Gaming I am buying a 360 arcade

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you flash firmware on your 360 if it doesnt have a hardrive? In other words can you flash a 360 arcade without a Harddrive?

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
AshuraZro said:
Yes. Flashing has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the DVD drive itself.

okay thank you, then i have 2 questions:

1) are all 360 arcades dvd drive flashable?
2) What accessories do you need in order to flash it?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) No , if you get a lite-on drive , it isn't flashable yet , but can have the key and spoof info read.
2) A compatible sata chipset

Unless you can find an older arcade , then it'll be a lite-on.

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
1) No , if you get a lite-on drive , it isn't flashable yet , but can have the key and spoof info read.
2) A compatible sata chipset

Unless you can find an older arcade , then it'll be a lite-on.

okay, but lite-on will be flashable soon also you think?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea. Drives been out for a while now , and don't think there has been much progress on flashing the damn thing , but then again at one point it was thought impossible to get the key , but we can get that now.

If you are going to get one , I wouldn't do it on the hope that it's going to be worked out how to flash , as you could be waiting a long time. Either find a older unit , or be prepared to extract the key and spoof info , then change drive.

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
No idea. Drives been out for a while now , and don't think there has been much progress on flashing the damn thing , but then again at one point it was thought impossible to get the key , but we can get that now.

If you are going to get one , I wouldn't do it on the hope that it's going to be worked out how to flash , as you could be waiting a long time. Either find a older unit , or be prepared to extract the key and spoof info , then change drive.

what can you do with the key anyway?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need the key to switch drive. Once you have the key and the spoof info , then you can switch out the lite-on for one of the older flashable drives.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought an Elite & it had a lite on drive.

It can't be flashed but like the other post say, the unique key can be dumped from it & flashed to another drive.

Mine now has a BENQ drive spoofed as a lite-on.

you're gonna have to buy another drive to replace the lite-on with I'm afraid.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine cost me £40 off ebay. Careful you dont end up with a crappy "refurbished/used" one though.

Make sure there is a return policy.
lecture.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-X-BOX-HITAT...1742.m153.l1262

This link is to a hitachi for £25, but this guy is who I got my BENQ from. He lists BENQ drives regularly for £39.99 so keep checking. It came the next day too, real efficient shipping!

I was warned not to spoof to a samsung or hitachi drive as this may make it possible for M$ to tell I swapped drives & ban my xbox live. AFAIK The BENQ is basically a different revision of the LITE-ON drive so it should be fine.
Not banned yet! *fingers crossed though*
gbasp.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not really sure where mine came from. I asked the guy on ebay but he didnt seem to know either....

I assume it is from an old 360 but it works so meh. THats all im bothered about,.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to