Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok so I'm banned :(

Brand new switch I have since a week only :s
I NEVER installed/launched any pirate game or update or DLC on my SYSNAND.

The only thing I did recently was: booting into CFW SYSNAND (atmosphere) but for playing smash online (legit game I bought on eshop) no pirate DLC and using checkpoint (in airplane mode) to inject a save I had on emunand . I didn't modify the save, I just injected it from emunand to sysnand

I have an EmuMMC with no internet and in airplane mode. And I used incognito on emuMMC only

So I have proof now that Nintendo can detect CFW or HB or both

Carreful

Last edited by Keylogger,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm banned :(

Brand new switch I have since a week only :s
I NEVER installed/launched any pirate game or update or DLC on my SYSNAND.

The only thing I did recently was: booting into CFW SYSNAND (atmosphere) but for playing smash online (legit game I bought on eshop) no pirate DLC and using checkpoint (in airplane mode) to inject a save I had on emunand . I didn't modify the save, I just injected it from emunand to sysnand

I have an EmuMMC with no internet and in airplane mode. And I used incognito on emuMMC only

So I have proof now that Nintendo can detect CFW or HB or both

Carreful
its irrelevant if your playing a legit game, you are running cfw and going online.

nintendo and every other console can detect if you are running cfw and will ban you, how you didnt know this by now its amazing.

Last edited by ,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not just a mismatch of progress, there are likely other hidden indicators. Maybe checkpoint/edizon is just pain sloppy. Either way injecting any kind of save, particularly for an online game, has been proven a good way to get banned.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is stupid, what if I play OFFline for 2 months and then I reconnect again, there will be a mismatch
Depends on what error code you get? Could be a perma ban and theres nothing you can do about that. Shouldnt have used homebrew in sysnand...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not just a mismatch of progress, there are likely other hidden indicators. Maybe checkpoint/edizon is just pain sloppy. Either way injecting any kind of save, particularly for an online game, has been proven a good way to get banned.
its not stupid, you are running cfw and tools/exploits that violates nintendo T&Cs, regardless if this was your legit save, theirs nothing stopping you from editing it, applying cheats, copying over and going online and cheating.

that is why you have been banned, theirs no, ok we will let you off, your running cfw which is and always has led to the ban hammer coming down.

every cfw creator, inc xecuter state going online is at your own risk.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Your sysnand has probably logged you booting Atmosphere, then uploaded these logs next time you connected to the internet.

Possibly the only safe way to inject a save is to dump your nand, modify the save, inject the save back to your nand, flash the nand back to your Switch, then boot the Switch again without any CFW.

Even then that's probably risky if Nintendo are logging certain things about your save when you connect online. For a generic example, when you go offline your playtime is 1 hour, a few hours later you go online again and your playtime is 24+ hours when only 2 hours have actually passed.

Last edited by InsaneNutter,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This is stupid, what if I play OFFline for 2 months and then I reconnect again, there will be a mismatch
Actually not really. We don't know how (atleast not me) how the Switch looks at things. It might look at it when it was made "injected" in this case and noticed that there is no one playing at said time it was made or last modified.

Reactions: peteruk

pOOB73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope I'm okay. I accidentally booted Atmosphere on sysnand too and while I was there, i created a backup of my BOTW savegames with checkpoint.;)

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok... And what about autoRCM? And booting OFW from hekate or SX OS payload?

Can I boot OFW from a payload with autoRCM? And then restart the switch to RCM from horizon and boot emunand for HB ?
Is it safe?

I can have another switch so if I can avoid a ban on this one too...

Last edited by Keylogger,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I'm okay. I accidentally booted Atmosphere on sysnand too and while I was there, i created a backup of my BOTW savegames with checkpoint.;)
unless i read this wrong, this is why he has been banned

The only thing I did recently was: booting into CFW SYSNAND (atmosphere) but for playing smash online

sounds to me, while in cfw sysnand (atmosphere) he has played smash online.

that will be the ban hammer right there.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... And what about autoRCM? And booting OFW from hekate or SX OS payload?

Can I boot OFW from a payload with autoRCM? And then restart the switch to RCM from horizon and boot emunand for HB ?
Is it safe?

I can have another switch so if I can avoid a ban on this one too...
no one can advise having cfw on your system and booting both is going to be safe, you need to remember you have modified files on your console that may flag up.

the only safe way to not get banned is dont violate nintendo T&Cs and only use legit un hacked consoles for going online.

to be fair when people throw the word emunand around, really needs changing, emunand is nothing like what it was on the 3ds in which if you got banned you could recover your nand, this isnt the case for the switch, if your banned you are banned.

id class it more like creating a partition of your system and cloning it, if you fuck anything up, you may be able to recover your system or use a hard mod to restore.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually we don't have a lot of reliable reports of people getting banned merely for using "mature" atmosphere of say the past year. In most cases bans are connected to either installing NSPs, injecting saves, or using layeredFS or other cheats in online games. I can't tell you that simply using Atmosphere online is safe, but I can tell you that many have reported getting away with it for now, including myself.

Reactions: Tac 21 and ELY_M

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can look on the bright side of things: you no longer have to worry about any accidental sign ins. if I ever do hack a switch, I'd probably go with one that's already banned anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here