Hacking Hyrule Historia

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I downloaded this using Wii U USB Helper and installed using WUP Installer GX 2. I got no errors installing it, but I don't see an icon for it anywhere in my Wii U menu?

I have CBHC running and all other software installed this way works fine (fake sigs, out of region games, DLC, etc)

Thanks

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It installed and workes fine more me so not sure what's happened for you. Tey going into system setting then goto data management then select copy/move/delete data then select either system memory or USB storage (whichever one you installed it to) if it says unnecessary data has been found then it never installed right. Also did you rename the folder before installing it. The folder when downloaded is called The Legend Of Zelda tm (Hyrule Historia). You need to remove the tm as that causes errors.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hold on, am I missing something or did the OP just mistype the title of this topic? Because as far as I know, Hyrule Historia is a book, but not a Wii U title:

305560-0.jpg

Or did they indeed release this in digital form for the Wii U? If it is... let's just say I'm living under a rock then XD

Edit: Doing a quick google search reveals that I'm indeed living under a rock XD I had no idea they released this as a Wii U app. Learning something new every day

Last edited by LinkFan16,
Reactions: Cyan and Patxinco

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It loaded ok on a US WiiU using WupInstaller y mod. The only slightly unusual thing I noticed is that for app names, the meta only has longname_en and shortname_en defined. (But it sounds like you're using English anyway)

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It loaded ok on a US WiiU using WupInstaller y mod. The only slightly unusual thing I noticed is that for app names, the meta only has longname_en and shortname_en defined. (But it sounds like you're using English anyway)
Yes the American version runs fine also on my European wiiu. It's 100% the folder name that has caused the issue the op has this is a well know problem which is simply fixed by removing the tm in the folder name.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the American version runs fine also on my European wiiu. It's 100% the folder name that has caused the issue the op has this is a well know problem which is simply fixed by removing the tm in the folder name.
Does Wup Installer GX2 not report that as an error like regular WupInstaller would? (I don't use GX2. I guess I could test it and slog through that thread too.)

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does Wup Installer GX2 not report that as an error like regular WupInstaller would? (I don't use GX2. I guess I could test it and slog through that thread too.)
The first time I installed it with installer gx it installed but was not visible on homescreen just like the op I then removed the tm from the folder name and reinstalled and it worked fine. This problem has been discussed a few times on the site mostly in the USB download helper thread I think.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Either @markmcrobie tried to copy the folder directly to USB (never do it, always use the WiiU USB Helper option to transfer the files, if you don't want to wait it check the files, simply press NO when asked if you want the check) and the directory have an illegal character (like tm) or he already exceeded the 300 icons on home menu limit (yes, WiiU have this limit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night