Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U has been turned off at the plug for a while so it wouldnt update because I broke my gamepad and couldnt get into settings to turn off wifi or block the updates. Now I have a gamepad again and I was wondering will my Wii U start downloading and installing updates as soon as I turn it on or will I have time to get into settings and disable the wifi? I would like to stay on 5.5 for this exploit

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U has been turned off at the plug for a while so it wouldnt update because I broke my gamepad and couldnt get into settings to turn off wifi or block the updates. Now I have a gamepad again and I was wondering will my Wii U start downloading and installing updates as soon as I turn it on or will I have time to get into settings and disable the wifi? I would like to stay on 5.5 for this exploit

Couldn't you just unplug the router before turning your Wii U on? Or rename the wireless network? Or take the Wii U somewhere that the wifi doesn't reach, turn it on and then just delete the connection?

Reactions: digiw0rx and RichKK

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't you just unplug the router before turning your Wii U on? Or rename the wireless network? Or take the Wii U somewhere that the wifi doesn't reach, turn it on and then just delete the connection?

Nope, my family all use the wifi and I wouldnt want to inconvenience them and the wifi reaches everywhere in the house. I can just wait until nobody is here and unplug the router but I want to check if it's really necessary first

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, my family all use the wifi and I wouldnt want to inconvenience them and the wifi reaches everywhere in the house. I can just wait until nobody is here and unplug the router but I want to check if it's really necessary first
I would be doing that regardless. I know I would be upset if it did update, knowing I could have avoided so by unplugging a cord for 1 minute.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it would probably start downloading, but as long as you dont dawdle and just go straight to settings and delete the wifi you would probably be fine, honestly you could probably just reset the router, im sure people could survive lik 4 minutes without internet

Reactions: Phantom90

Zeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah switch out the Power or Data Kabel from the router. Switch of WLAN then turn Router on

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
go to your router settings and block the WLAN-MAC-ADRESS from your wii u :D

Last edited by moops44,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
I

This thread is about Hykem's exploit and I wouldn't like to see it locked down, so please, let's change the subject.
I don't mind answering questions in private. Can you please send me PM saying that you're the real Mathieu? A tiny hint on your twitter account would be enough.

Well, he never answered my PM, I guess being banned is part of the reason.
I also haven't seen him on Skype, so I can't confirm that it's him or not.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Why does this thread still say "Almost" released? Hykem posted on the other Thread that he's extending his vacation till the end of February, so if this is coming out it will
be sometime around Mid March. OP please update the thread from "Almost" to
"Sometime around March....maybe"

Last edited by Zeriel,

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this thread still say "Almost" released? Hykem posted on the other Thread that he's extending his vacation till the end of February, so if this is coming out it will
be sometime around Mid March. OP please update the thread from "Almost" to
"Sometime around March....maybe"
You misunderstood. The expected release date is still late January to February.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did he said that? his last post said he was leaving until March. I'm not doubting you, just curious.
Quote from Hykem:

Also, I mentioned that my "vacations" are extended to the end of February, but that doesn't mean the exploit will only be released by then. I'm guessing it will be done quite before that, but right now it's just a matter of getting it right so Nintendo won't patch it as soon as it comes out.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Quote from Hykem:

Also, I mentioned that my "vacations" are extended to the end of February, but that doesn't mean the exploit will only be released by then. I'm guessing it will be done quite before that, but right now it's just a matter of getting it right so Nintendo won't patch it as soon as it comes out.

Oh man I'm really hoping for early February because my Wii U has been collecting dust since I stopped updating during summer :(
I had a good deal to sell it too, but didn't because I heard about this exploit.

KyJelly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Right now, the release supports 5.5.1 using yellow8 browser exploit. Hykem wants to obfuscate his code to prevent piracy and an instant patch from Nintendo (wont the entry point get blocked anyway). That's about it. Maybe the release will be before feb. The boot exploit doesn't seem to be a thing as of right now.

Oh, and MN1 also mentioned that he might start coding a modified iosu exploit based off of Hykem's. Don't expect that anytime soon™ though.

The obfuscation is not to prevent piracy. That is not how it works. You don't have to reverse engineer the exploit in order to pirate. Once the system is open it is open no matter how it got that way.

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The obfuscation is not to prevent piracy. That is not how it works. You don't have to reverse engineer the exploit in order to pirate. Once the system is open it is open no matter how it got that way.

Hykem probably meant obfuscation will prevent piracy of his actual exploit and not piracy on the WIIU. At least I hope that's what he means.

Trumpz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hykem probably meant obfuscation will prevent piracy of his actual exploit and not piracy on the WIIU. At least I hope that's what he means.
Its to prevent the exploit being patched, rendering it useless on future FW. But if emuNAND is developed, it won't matter.

Last edited by Trumpz,
Reactions: josh87402

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i hope is that there will be a firmware spoofer and backup launcher for 5.5.0(and maybe making it possible to use a external HDD without formatting it). and hoping twilight princess HD aint on a firmware higher than exploitable if no firmware spoofer is released till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu