Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-snip-
Right now, the release supports 5.5.1 using yellow8 browser exploit. Hykem wants to obfuscate his code to prevent piracy and an instant patch from Nintendo (wont the entry point get blocked anyway). That's about it. Maybe the release will be before feb. The boot exploit doesn't seem to be a thing as of right now.

Oh, and MN1 also mentioned that he might start coding a modified iosu exploit based off of Hykem's. Don't expect that anytime soon™ though.

Last edited by Minox,
Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now, the release supports 5.5.1 using yellow8 browser exploit. Hykem wants to obfuscate his code to prevent piracy and an instant patch from Nintendo (wont the entry point get blocked anyway). That's about it. Maybe the release will be before feb. The boot exploit doesn't seem to be a thing as of right now.
Thanks for the clearing that for me. I don't see why people try preventing to much piracy I mean loadiine is on about 4 different firmwares now. Hopefully something will come of the boot exploit I guess time will tell :)

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the clearing that for me. I don't see why people try preventing to much piracy I mean loadiine is on about 4 different firmwares now. Hopefully something will come of the boot exploit I guess time will tell :)
I seriously doubt Hypem would want his life ruined over a lawsuit because he chose to share an exploit that we all plan to use for homebrew. #pong4wiiu

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt Hypem would want his life ruined over a lawsuit because he chose to share an exploit that we all plan to use for homebrew. #pong4wiiu
Not like it matters in the long run. His resistance will only make them (try)harder. Although if something does happens he'll be able to save face.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country

The last known lawsuit was against the people behind the drive hack for the ps3. Nobody got a lawsuit when the GC and Wii got hacked. Hell, I don't think people even got a law suit when bootleg copies were implemented on the NES and SNES. If anything, they added and anti-piracy chip to the SNES which people still found a away around that.

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The last known lawsuit was against the people behind the drive hack for the ps3. Nobody got a lawsuit when the GC and Wii got hacked. Hell, I don't think people even got a law suit when bootleg copies were implemented on the NES and SNES. If anything, they added and anti-piracy chip to the SNES which people still found a away around that.
It's also very easy to sue one person.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hilarious tho. The piracy prevention will only affect people on 5.5+, because those with lower firmware can already pirate the crap out of their console, which kinda contradicts the current move towards homebrew only.
This is true, but at the same time, Smea developed Ninjhax 2.0 for 3DS with anti-piracy in mind, despite the fact 9.2 and lower users already had it.

But as we can see, Smeas revelations has lead us to downgrading and to piracy. So it'll probably come full circle with Hykems hack too.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenDNS relies on your current IP address, which will eventually change if you have a dynamic IP address issued by your ISP. TubeHaxx doesn't rely on your IP address, but you have no control over what is blocked (Smealum is incredibly trustworthy though)

Thank you for letting me know. Maybe I'll switch to tubehaxx sometime

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if a hacking method is released soon, I'd wait a few weeks or so just in case some serious issues arise with it, being impatient and/or cocky could increase your chances of bricking your hardware

D

Deleted User

Where exactly did you see Hykem say he was obfuscating it to prevent piracy? As far as I've seen, he has said he's only doing that to slow down how fast Nintendo patches it. This isn't like the 3DS where smealum merely prevented an escalation of certain privileges, Hykem is exposing IOSU, which is basically full control, as well as leaked the keys already.

Yeah, what she said is completely untrue. They are not a different architecture just because it's a different name. Even the i5's and i7's are the same, i5's are just the lower quality run-offs that get features disabled and sectors lasered off to meet spec. Xeons are the same. They have the ECC memory feature still enabled but are lower voltage/clock to better suit the tight confines of server racks. They also don't allow direct overclocking, unfortunately, but you can OC your BLK to get a decent gain.

They're not just good for servers, but any highly-parallel tasks, which includes rendering. And while not everything can be parallelized, a lot of game engines are starting to utilize more than 4 cores, that's where the Xeons really shine. But even in regular gaming situations, they aren't much behind the i7s as long as you keep the boost clock on. i7s are still currently best price/performance for purely gaming though.

Here

Attachments

• hykem.PNG
    hykem.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 705

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But he released the keys... That's the exact opposite of hindering piracy. If it was his goal, he would have kept the keys and only released obfuscated exploits.
Not hard to open up an image editing program and type some words out on a snapshot like that too. Until Hykem publicly states that here, I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted User

But he released the keys... That's the exact opposite of hindering piracy. If it was his goal, he would have kept the keys and only released obfuscated exploits.
Not hard to open up an image editing program and type some words out on a snapshot like that too. Until Hykem publicly states that here, I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

From what I've been able to work out around here, hykem is just covering his back. I wouldn't worry about it too much :D

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see the 5.5.2 or 5.6.0 released on same day as the iosu exploit, blocking the 5.5.1-safe-update-preachers to run the browser

It would be even funnier if the hack came out the same day as Bayonetta in Smash, and Bayonetta came along with a new update that blocks it

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for @SonyUSA , @Hykem , or someone who knows what they're talking about... I'm at 5.0.0, so is my nephew (3 hours away) and I'm unable to get him to update to 5.0.1 because personal problems. I've heard that the entry point in 5.0.0 wasn't patched in 5.0.1, so does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...