Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to update to get Paper Mario VC... But I'll stay on 5.5.0 until the release just to be safe XD
Also when we have emuNAND it doesn't really matter what sysNAND FW I'm on I guess so...
im in a simialr boat buy with metroid zero mission. if reggie would pull his head out of his ass and treat the us public like Europe treats their customers it be better(reguarding VC and physical games)

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
don't expect 5.3.2 to be compatible with IOSU in day one because Yellow8's exploit (which is required for IOSU) is still not work well in 5.3.2 or lower, but that not really matter because they (5.3.2 user) had all goods exclusively for a while now it's time for 5.4/5.5/5.5.1 to have some fun :creep:

if you are in 5.4 it's better to stay where you are because you are in the GOLDEN firmware :P you'll have both PPC kernal (5.3.2 homebrews ) and IOSU (5.5/5.5.1 homebrews)

Last edited by memomo,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Stay on 5.3.2, wait til its released and your favorite homebrew is confirmed working
I hear what you mean, but I'm desperate to get Roy on SB.
I can't see any explicit harm in updating straight to 5.5.1 - worst case I'm delayed a few days/weeks to get it ported.
Hell the demand will be crazy for a 5.5.1 exploit

Piluvr

Yeeeet
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear what you mean, but I'm desperate to get Roy on SB.
I can't see any explicit harm in updating straight to 5.5.1 - worst case I'm delayed a few days/weeks to get it ported.
Hell the demand will be crazy for a 5.5.1 exploit
use nnu patcher bruh! Or Spoof!

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
a bit off topic
of 6 keys fail0verflow mentioned in their blog, now we already get at least 3 starbuck keys (wii u common, vwii common, wii u ancast)
have the other 2 espresso keys public yet?
and how about Wii U boot1 key? any news of devs already got this? (and keep it private for sure)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
cool, so the next milestone for wii u hacking is to get boot1 key?
or by having these 5 keys we already have full access to the Wii U? I mean like all things can already be decrypted and things like that

superjobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So by hykem releasing those keys does this mean that he has shown all that he has so far and it is now a race to the finish line for all devs. Or is this him just dangling a carrot to much greater to come. I bought a wiiu on version 4... firmware and it has sat waiting for months now waiting to be awoken like r2d2 in the Force awakens. I sense a great disturbance in the force...

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So by hykem releasing those keys does this mean that he has shown all that he has so far and it is now a race to the finish line for all devs. Or is this him just dangling a carrot to much greater to come. I bought a wiiu on version 4... firmware and it has sat waiting for months now waiting to be awoken like r2d2 in the Force awakens. I sense a great disturbance in the force...
This is him preparing us for what he's actually going to release.

Reactions: DarkJediRey

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol once he posts the download link, I'm sure that that page is going to crash or something because of the people flocking there.
I'm gonna wait a week or 2, not in a huge hurry for IOSU :D

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hykem

Will it be possible to exploit the USB to use ?
or backup,s store on my server and from there to read from it with a backup loader

With IOSU access, you have FULL access to the system, which means it should be possible. The real question would be "Is it worth making something that can do that?"

Emulators on the original Wii could run ROMs off of your own server, even PSOne games! Running backups from a USB drive will probably be the first priority for the pirates/backup enthusiast out there, so that's something you shouldn't worry about. I don't know if running off a network would be worth it though. I've ran PC games from shared folders on my network and the load times were.... meh. And that was wired.

EDIT: I actually remember when I was MUCH MUCH younger, I asked the same question about the original Wii and was told to never hope on it. I think it was because the Wii's bandwidth was too low. Things may have changed though, I don't plan on finding out either.

Last edited by Selim873,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?