Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Ya buddy.
Good! because I just manipulated @josamilu's image example to render my own image. :D
2016-01-06-175115.jpg

I don't think anyone else except me and him have managed to do stuff like this! :)

Techn0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, am I okay to post any little homebrew developments I do in this thread? All the other threads are either focused on one thing, or just a barren wasteland.
I would post them in the hacking and homebrew discussion thread (just because it is full of junk doesn't mean you can't still use it for its original purpose). It will likely get buried in the wasteland fairly quick though. If it is something significant or unique just make your own thread.

Z3ld4-th3-cr4ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With IOSU access, you have FULL access to the system, which means it should be possible. The real question would be "Is it worth making something that can do that?"

Emulators on the original Wii could run ROMs off of your own server, even PSOne games! Running backups from a USB drive will probably be the first priority for the pirates/backup enthusiast out there, so that's something you shouldn't worry about. I don't know if running off a network would be worth it though. I've ran PC games from shared folders on my network and the load times were.... meh. And that was wired.

EDIT: I actually remember when I was MUCH MUCH younger, I asked the same question about the original Wii and was told to never hope on it. I think it was because the Wii's bandwidth was too low. Things may have changed though, I don't plan on finding out either.

for me it would be very useful to run it on network backups because it is cheaper than an SD card which is immediately fully
the charging time would be low because the network now has 1 gigabyte internal

Last edited by Z3ld4-th3-cr4ck,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for me it would be very useful to run it on network backups because it is cheaper than an SD card which is immediately fully
the charging time would be low because the network now has 1 gigabyte internal
32GB SD cards are $9 now. You could fit every ROM from cart based consoles and tonnes of gamecube/playstation games... 64GB is pretty cheap too. And if you go with a physical HDD then space/price is even cheaper.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually looking to buy a Wii U at the mo, think it's worth paying a little extra for a bundle that will have old firmware? I can get the old Wind Waker bundle (this is the game I *really* want to play on the system) for a bit more than the MK8/Splatoon bundle (which probably has 5.4/5.5).

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm actually looking to buy a Wii U at the mo, think it's worth paying a little extra for a bundle that will have old firmware? I can get the old Wind Waker bundle (this is the game I *really* want to play on the system) for a bit more than the MK8/Splatoon bundle (which probably has 5.4/5.5).
Buy the Bundle you want, in 5.4 you will have access to all homebrew. 5.5 you have to wait at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po