Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those two slices still took him months to create, he has no reason to burn either of he doesn't want to.
th

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah the analogy works better for piracy more so than exploits. Since the pieces of bread aren't exact copies nor easily replicated from my understanding.

I however could be wrong and am not insinuating that I know anything that anyone else thinks or knows.

well it would be more like having 2 hacks to withdraw money from a bank for free, either of which could be discovered and blocked by the bank at any point, now you *could* just release one and hope that your other one is safe, but there is always the possibility you release exploit A and exploit B is also discovered independently meaning both get burned and you now have nothing, where as if you would have waited you would have found out that exploit B was blocked in the next update, then you could release B to the public for everyone that waited patiently and potentially have your own exploit A handy to go poking around for a long time into the future,

this is what happened with the current kernel exploit, lets be honest dev's/hackers will obviously want to look after themselves first, end users second i don't think many dev's would want to risk having themselves blocked out just so people could play roms, especially when they had already warned people who wanted such things to wait previously and those people now demanding more ignored their last warning (PS this is not a attack on piracy, i don't give 2 toots personally)

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of ppl are in this for piracy but I don't think it's 99% ... maybe I'm wrong but I know a lot ppl here who are into console hacking for homebrews, region free ect. I own more than 40 Wii U games and I wouldn't even know what game to pirate if I could. I'm really interested in homebrews (specially with the gamepad) and region free and I'm really grateful towards the Devs!! They are the core of this amazing scene and I believe that Smea was right during his speach at ccc when he said that it's worth it and ppl are still really interested in it.

Quoting this because I am in the same place you are. I just counted out of curiosity and I have 30 retail games (19 on disc, 11 eshop), 17 eshop and 15 virtual console games. The only game coming out for the system I am interested in is Zelda, which I'll be buying day 1.

If I knew for sure all homebrew stuff would work and I could inject roms fine onto VC games, I'd just update to 5.5.1 and get a last couple VC games to use as host emulators. The doubt in the back of my mind is saying as soon as I do that, a kernel exploit will be released and it will be required for something awesome like Nintendon't U in a couple months. Then I'd be kicking myself because I could 't play F-Zero GX with the gamepad.

Reactions: Rob Blou

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know a lot of ppl are in this for piracy but I don't think it's 99%

No, i just wanna watch prons on the WiiUPad, and at the TV on the same time :D . The whole industrie is based on the pron industrie. VHS,Bluray, Cell Phones with big Screens, Tablets,VR *fg*

Last edited by wawnord,
Reactions: codychaosx

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
so everyone appears to use irc. How do they do this?
Either use mIRC or Mibbit or something to connect to an IRC server, register a nick, and then join an IRC channel.
Developers are the ones who tend to use IRC. I doubt many GBAtempers would.
I don't :P.

avinashlego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this just hit #3dsdev
<neimod> it appears I have a twitter, failtemp and who knows what else account, none of which are really me

So basically saying that "neimod" is an impostor?
Sick 'im, boys!
Seriously, I think we should report him for being a dibshit and trying to frame Hykem into something he wasn't responsible for saying.
We should also apologize to Hykem for ever doubting him.

Oh yeah and that video is pretty funny lol but kinda mean too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk