Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any news as to when we can expect the release?

I would suggest checking out the website slickdeals.net for finding a good name brand sd card for cheap. It's like a super forum for deals n shit. Its awesome. Great place to find deals on games as well. Someone posted a deal for samsung 32gb sd cards from amazon( or maybe best buy) for under 9 bucks like a week or 2 ago
I hope never.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we talk about IOSU already, please.
Probably already asked in other threads, but does anyone knows if this would allow a Bootmii/priiloader like brick protection on the Wii U? I have no idea if Nintendo could have blocked this for good.

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I am new to wii u jailbreaking. The only things I ever jailbroke were sony psp and ipad.
Ok, well first lesson to learn, this is not "jailbreaking". Jailbreak was the name of the hack used for Apple and Sony devices made by Geohot, this is just a hack or mod, or exploit. If the hack gets a name, then we will call it so, but it will not ever be named "jailbreak".

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably involved in the wrong community then man.
Oh I'm not, don't worry. I'm all for exploits and stuff, but the fact that this thread is at least 95% shitposting, whining etc that I just don't see a reason why Hykem should release it. I don't think anyone understands how much pressure something like this puts on a person.

Why are you feeling this way ? Is it because you fear online will be ruined ?
See above. I couldn't care less about online.

Reactions: loco365

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm not, don't worry. I'm all for exploits and stuff, but the fact that this thread is at least 95% shitposting, whining etc that I just don't see a reason why Hykem should release it. I don't think anyone understands how much pressure something like this puts on a person.
Honestly as far as these threads go I haven't really seen any Hykem haters. Almost everyone supports him. Of course people are curious if there's been any new news about a release but I doubt that is going to piss of Hykem. Why would Hykem work this hard and deal with all this "pressure" to not release. That notion is just plain silly.. :/

loco365

Trophies
XP
When it really comes down to it, the only reason why people want this exploit so much is so they don't have to pay for games. Granted there's so much more that IOSU can allow us, such as homebrew, but the main point of this for many people is for piracy. Granted it's nice, but homebrew is always nice to have because we can stretch the capabilities of what is a limited system tenfold, with media players, alternate operating systems, and whatnot.

If it were possible, I'd love to see a custom build of Linux run behind a game instead of Nintendo's OS, then you could have a limited OS of Linux run behind a game or be put into a ramdisk file and allow for limited OS use while a Wii U game runs in its native environment.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it really comes down to it, the only reason why people want this exploit so much is so they don't have to pay for games. Granted there's so much more that IOSU can allow us, such as homebrew, but the main point of this for many people is for piracy. Granted it's nice, but homebrew is always nice to have because we can stretch the capabilities of what is a limited system tenfold, with media players, alternate operating systems, and whatnot.

If it were possible, I'd love to see a custom build of Linux run behind a game instead of Nintendo's OS, then you could have a limited OS of Linux run behind a game or be put into a ramdisk file and allow for limited OS use while a Wii U game runs in its native environment.
Can we run pyGecko and stuff with this IOSU exploit (or have the potential to do so?)

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I ain't saying what you said is wrong, you are right there (I like the Linux idea),but the reason I hope Hykem decides to not release it is due to the toxicity (good song lmao) of the Wii U Forum. Granted, there may be alot of people supporting him, but then you have people nagging for releases, 'relese pls', getting pissy because Hykem couldnt meet his intention in time, or just being damn right disrespectful.
The Wii U Scene is becoming like the 3DS, but I have a huge feeling that soon devs will abandon the Wii U due to the nature of majority of the people in it.

Reactions: loco365

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel like this belongs in the piracy discussion thread lol
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-piracy-discussion.382091/

ArceusMI

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arceusmi.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this belongs in the piracy discussion thread lol

Not really, considering it was just a response to opinions. But oh well, who really cares? Why can't everyone just enjoy homebrew for ALL of its features, like as Team Fail said above?

I too would love to see this, retaining the original functionality for gaming but actually having a multi-function system beyond what it currently is. It would be great to have the entire Linux arsenal of programs at your disposal, all the while taking advantage of the gamepad.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ain't saying what you said is wrong, you are right there (I like the Linux idea),but the reason I hope Hykem decides to not release it is due to the toxicity (good song lmao) of the Wii U Forum. Granted, there may be alot of people supporting him, but then you have people nagging for releases, 'relese pls', getting pissy because Hykem couldnt meet his intention in time, or just being damn right disrespectful.

Oh yeah, and I can explain why this would only make it worse. People would then nag Hykem even more than they do (If even physically possible?) due to the fact that he was like "Welp, these people are cancer, they don't DESERVE it" and you know what people hate even more than a delay? A cancellation. And again, the amount of work put into it would make a cancellation a.) virtually pointless and b.) a waste of everyone's time.

Reactions: Pachee and plasma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, and I can explain why this would only make it worse. People would then nag Hykem even more than they do (If even physically possible?) due to the fact that he was like "Welp, these people are cancer, they don't DESERVE it" and you know what people hate even more than a delay? A cancellation. And again, the amount of work put into it would make a cancellation a.) virtually pointless and b.) a waste of everyone's time.
One only has to look at the KTM for 3ds threads to see what a colossal mistake that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work