Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe N Tendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the off topic but I am a stay at home dad, not by choice my wife just out earns me to justify her staying home and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I don't have a problem with it, not to bemoan my station but I work harder dealing with the kids than she does her job is a breeze, the problem is people still look at you like you are a POS do nothing. Teachers, doctors, people you have to deal with don't want to talk to you, they want to talk to mom and dump all over you.

You tell people your situation (after awhile only out of necessity) and you get the, "Oh..."

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly agree with you there. But something inside me (genetics) drives me to want to be the provider instead of the stay at home dad. But I have 6 children in this house ranging from 18 months old to 15 years old, 2 of them diagnosed with autism and another 2 that have other neurological issues.

But before I make it sound like I have treated my wifes vagina like a cornucopia of life, the 15 year old is my wifes nephew whos mother passed away years ago so we adopted him so he wouldn't fall into the states shitty system. The 2 confirmed autistic children are of my blood. My wife has 2 children with her previous relationship. And myt wife and I share 1 child together.... that is looking like she may be on the spectrum as well.

This makes alot more since now. I was going to say 6 kids from your nuts not too shabby for being a stay at home dad and autistic not bad at all.

Reactions: DeadlyFoez

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between the exploits other than entry points? Since they majority has been put on WiiUBrew wiki like syscalls and such. Does it matter who and what and where the exploit comes from? Won't it be the same exact thing for people who have practical uses for it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the off topic but I am a stay at home dad, not by choice my wife just out earns me to justify her staying home and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I don't have a problem with it, not to bemoan my station but I work harder dealing with the kids than she does her job is a breeze, the problem is people still look at you like you are a POS do nothing. Teachers, doctors, people you have to deal with don't want to talk to you, they want to talk to mom and dump all over you.

You tell people your situation (after awhile only out of necessity) and you get the, "Oh..."
That's some deep stuff, but where did it come from?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Joe N Tendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Other people were saying it's okay being a stay at home dad, I normally avoid the off-topic but I felt the need to warn others that thinks it's okay... just know what your in for/

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waaahhhhh exploit pl0x, any neeeewwwsss?->retards->disability awareness course-> stay at home fathers
I tried asking a stupid IOSU question, but it's tough to come up with a good one. I asked MN1 about his arduino thing, then if all iosu exploits give the same result. I'm about to scour wiiubrew and ask some real good obscure stuff, mention some rop chains and syscalls. I'll blow this thread out of the water.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

0x77 int get_heap_profile(???) 0 on success
0x78 int set_iop2x_state(u32 state) Sets the state of an unknown feature from BSP 0 on success
0x79 int set_ppc_boot_params(void *params) Registers the supplied address as a pointer for setting up the PPC boot parameters 0 on success
0x7A void get_debug_register_value() Stores the value from LT_DEBUG register in the IOSU heap Nothing
0x7B void clear_debug_register_value() Clears the LT_DEBUG register Nothing
0x7C void set_debug_register_value(u32 value) Sets the value of the LT_DEBUG register Nothing
0x7D int check_debug_flag(u32 flag) Checks if the supplied flag is enabled in the LT_DEBUG register copy on the IOSU heap The flag value if enabled or 0 if disabled

I found this stuff very interesting.

However I am slightly confused about this:
starbuck_syscall_handler
STMFA SP, {R0-LR}^
MRS R8, SPSR
STR R8, [SP]
STR LR, [SP,#0x40]
LDR R10, [LR,#-4] ; R10 = E7F0XXXX (the invalid instruction)
BIC R9, R10, #0xFF00
LDR R8, =0xE7F000F0 ; Syscall base
CMP R9, R8 ; Were any bits set other than the syscall number
BNE invalid_syscall
MOV R10, R10,ASR#8
AND R10, R10, #0xFF
CMP R10, #0x94 ; Max index of syscall (can possibly vary)
BGT return_to_caller
MOV R8, SP
MOV R11, #0x1F
MSR CPSR_c, R11 ; Switch to system mode and disable FIQ/IRQ
LDR R8, [R8,#0x44]
LDR R11, =syscall_stack_arg_counts
LDR R11, [R11,R10,LSL#2] ; Number of args on stack for this syscall
ADD SP, SP, R11,LSL#2
get_stack_arg
CMP R11, #0
BEQ find_syscall_and_jump
LDR R9, [SP,#-4]! ; Copy argument value
STR R9, [R8,#-4]!
SUB R11, R11, #1
B get_stack_arg
find_syscall_and_jump

Now am I correct in assuming that you can effect the wiiu by calling these things?

loco365

Trophies
XP
The bug behind the exploit still stands, but an Arduino is a dead-end, and I'll need to try other hardware testing methods.
Out of curiousity, what lead it to a dead end? Would you be willing to share the code that you had on your Arduino to perhaps allow people to analyse it and see what it was doing, or would that reveal too much? I have an Uno R3 myself so it'd be nice to dick around with.

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry. I did not even see your posting.

I was just thinking what may happen next, in a not so serious way. No offense.

> Bimmel gets unconscious! (And loses half of his poststupidposts power)
It's fine, was having a bad night. Sorry if i was coming off a bit too angry.

Reactions: Bimmel

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity, what lead it to a dead end? Would you be willing to share the code that you had on your Arduino to perhaps allow people to analyse it and see what it was doing, or would that reveal too much? I have an Uno R3 myself so it'd be nice to dick around with.

It would very likely reveal too much. Like I said, I'm looking into alternative ways of triggering the same (or a similar) bug in IOSU.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would very likely reveal too much. Like I said, I'm looking into alternative ways of triggering the same (or a similar) bug in IOSU.
Reveal too much of what? Like are you meaning it would reveal too much of how to hack the console or something or should my non coding/programming brain just not worry about it lol

Last edited by codychaosx, , Reason: Realized that I'm unintentionally sounding douchey.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Reveal too much of what? Like are you meaning it would reveal too much of how to hack the console or something or should my non coding/programming brain just not worry about it lol
Based on what he had said, it seems that you can use the Arduino to trigger something. By the meaning of "revealing", it'll probably refer to how the hack is triggered, which is part of the secrecy of IOSU's entrypoints right now, which they want to keep as many of as possible.

If you're not much a programmer, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

I completely hear you. It is belittling. Makes you feel like shit for not being the "man". My wife doesn't like it either. My wife wants to spend more time with our baby. My wife works from 19:00 to 7:00, a good 12 hour shift and she is generally too tired too interact with our baby. But our baby thrives at any moment to be with my wife, even though my wife is nearly falling asleep. It hurts the family.

Sadly, the closest I got with my wife recently was waking her up with some penis during her time to sleep. I get no actual time with my wife anymore, but I feel like shit that I am not the bread winner although I take care of six children full time.

Reactions: hashcheck1

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the man! I done it and raised both of my kids for the first 8 years. My wife is a retired now, journeyman carpenter.
She brought home $36 an hour to my measly minimum wage job. Now that is a no brainer.
Also who gives a flying F*ck what anybody thinks... You do what you and your family need to do and ignore the jealous ones!

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the man! I done it and raised both of my kids for the first 8 years. My wife is a retired now, journeyman carpenter.
She brought home $36 an hour to my measly minimum wage job. Now that is a no brainer.
Also who gives a flying F*ck what anybody thinks... You do what you and your family need to do and ignore the jealous ones!
36 an hour for carpenter?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It comes down to self respect. I feel like I should be doing much more, like I should be the bread winner.

Even worse, my sanity is getting thin. Stuck taking care of children almost nonstop while my wife goes to disney world and at least has more than half of her time away from these troublesome children or sleeping. I am going crazy here. I need a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: :( +2