tyger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This whole thread is just a way for SonyUSA that is no dev on any team to get attention and steal credit from Hykem. Dude(SonyUSA) will respond with no just wanted to help(cause confusion). Why do you not see one post from Hykem on here, not one. But he steadily has posted in the original thread where he(SonyUSA) got his info from. I believe because Hykem does not agree with the thread in general. And knows better than to start a whole thread on this before its released which only gets a bunch of idiots worked up. That start asking and answering questions that no one but Hykem and the people working with him on this can honestly answer.

Last edited by tyger,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game is usually required to run your code with its permissions, e.g. access to SD card. With the combination of exploits you should be able to run anything, as you can just load it off a USB device (IOSU takes care of both hardware access and signature checking). Plus it isn't "bon ton" to require a game, as prices will shoot through the roof as we've seen with Cubic Ninja.

But my question is this: Kernel permission is greater than IOSU permission. 5.3.2 has kernel permission. Why can't you use the kernel permission to directly run the IOSU in the way you want, thus achieving the same thing with the existing 5.3.2 exploit?

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugen has worked on the wii via painttown but its very slow and problematic
it has also worked in android system, slow too

wouldnt hurt to try it on the wii u's hardware

Dunno if troll or just stupid
not trolling
i would just like to play fucken mugen on the wii u
anything wrong with that?

also
this comment coming from you sounds more stupid to me:

Last edited by Don Jon,

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mugen has worked on the wii via painttown but its very slow and problematic
it has also worked in android system, slow too

wouldnt hurt to try it on the wii u's hardware

not trolling
.exe files are exclusively for windows...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
not trolling
It was the unfortunate way you phrased the question. The way you asked the question, it sounded like you were asking if Windows x86 .exe executable files could simply run on the Wii U with no modification. This is obviously not the case.

If you're essentially asking if PainTown could work, then maybe but somebody would have to port it. You couldn't run the Windows files as-is.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
english is not my native language so i can see why people understand it like that
but
yea
everybody knows exe files will not work off the bat on the wii u's programming

anyways we are derailing the thread ive gotten more information than necessary thanks guys

Last edited by Don Jon,

Just_PM

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Once we patch sig checks on emunand
>install DevMenu
>System Config tool which is the replacement Devmenu since Cafe Sdk 2.13
installable Images in the sdk for Real interesting stuff ;)

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez I was just about to grab a wii u with earlier firmware for more hackability, now I don't know if I should go through the added trouble and cost. But then again I still have to get one before the next update comes out. Hmm...

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The red X appeared after I:
  • Turned off Standby Functions
  • Turned off Automatic Software Downloads
  • Deleted all connections
  • Reentered mine using manual configuration (both Primary and Secondary DNS is the Tubehax one)
Finally! I feel a lot safer now!

i think i sohuld do the same just to be safer xD

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question: i don't know much about this sysnand and emunand stuff (i guess i need them for my question) , but is it possible to update to newer FW to access Eshop and Online gaming, and then somehow downgrade to the exploitable FW?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The best way to get disappointed. I can hear the screams of despair from here if it's not happening. Understand your hope though.

I played too much Danganronpa.
Worst case scenario is this not releasing by xmas, but still happy that it's coming soon eitherway, otherwise Hykem couldn't having written that post.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't count on it being here for Christmas. Hykem has been quite clear about the 'to do' list that has to be finished before the exploit should be released and nothing on that list is trivial. I fully support holding the release back until everything is ready. In particular, the obfuscation and spoofing.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Don't count on it being here for Christmas. Hykem has been quite clear about the 'to do' list that has to be finished before the exploit should be released and nothing on that list is trivial. I fully support holding the release back until everything is ready. In particular, the obfuscation and spoofing.
I totally agree, that way you left Nintendo with fewer options to counter with a new fw patch.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question: i don't know much about this sysnand and emunand stuff (i guess i need them for my question) , but is it possible to update to newer FW to access Eshop and Online gaming, and then somehow downgrade to the exploitable FW?
What you need to know about emunand is that it still doesn't exist for Wii U.
Right now you can spoof your 5.3.2 firmware and access Eshop and Online gaming.
In the future if there happens to be an emunand solution, you may run a second OS installed on perhaps an SD card and you will be able to update and use eShop on that OS, while refraining from using the original OS.

Reactions: Xen0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work