1f15fbb869df796f4b3ccf9470797570.jpg

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Glad this was cleared up.

I don't think anyone was mad at Hykem. His openness along the way with all this and his effort into getting this working has been awesome.

The concern came from worry that one picture posted on twitter with no context would have made this all for nothing if it ran him off, then they had no intentions of releasing anything. I'm sure anyone else that has been around emulation/homebrew/console hacking scenes long enough has encountered a time when a developer was ran off by something leaving everyone empty handed in the end. Those fears resurfacing caused a good chunk of the freakout today.

That all said, thanks again to Hykem and the others that have worked to get the Wii U/3ds/every other console opened up for whatever purposes people want to use them for.

Reactions: codychaosx

ssrpgvita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xenoblade x bayonetta 2 bout only 2 games worth playing on wii u right now.Longer it takes better..
Good games are coming after march folks,I dont want nintendo patching us out.if they can even do with iosu exploit.
never say never they could force syscalls make u have to have higher fw,
play newer stuff longer it takes better..we all know ps3 cat n mouse game waiting for 3.6 keys play newer games for months
nintendo r diffrent clueless company,but dont put it past them to try do cat n mouse game with us.

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xenoblade x bayonetta 2 bout only 2 games worth playing on wii u right now.Longer it takes better..
Good games are coming after march folks,I dont want nintendo patching us out.if they can even do with iosu exploit.
never say never they could force syscalls make u have to have higher fw,
play newer stuff longer it takes better..we all know ps3 cat n mouse game waiting for 3.6 keys play newer games for months
nintendo r diffrent clueless company,but dont put it past them to try do cat n mouse game with us.

I hope they patch it before then, or else those games will get NO sales and it would be horrible for Nintendo. Plus the people who really care about exploits/mods/piracy/whatever will be on the game and have the 5.5 exploit, so that when Zelda U / Starfox etc release, people won't just suggest to everyone, "oh, don't buy them, you can get them free and all you need is a computer", or whatever.

Anyway, can't wait for this! I've had my Wii U since release day and it's always auto updated so I never got to do anything cool with it. Also hoping for Smash Bros. mods to make their triumphant return :) Brawl mods were amazing, hopefully Wii U mods can come close or the same!

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad this was cleared up.

I don't think anyone was mad at Hykem.

Oh trust me i was super mad. So mad that i called the information office and it went down like this:

Me: Hello Zoidberg here
She: Good evening mister Zoidberg, how may i help you?
Me: Could you recommend a service that transports one person from A to B without their consent, preferable on you have personal experience with?
She: Did i understand you right - you want to abduct someone?
Me: Well...yes hypothetical speaking i do.
She: Is this some kind of messed up joke?!
Me: Yeah...totally. It's not like i planned to pirate games to some extend on my Wii U and the guy working on it won't release his hyped work and i'm not having a mental breakdown...like not at all. Haha...ha...ha
She: Sir are you fine, do you need help? I could call someone for you.
Me: I'm fine. Hella fine. Rainbow fine, if you know what i mean. Forget what i said about the kidnapping and all. I mean i got a van and a tear-dranked matresse and all, so i'm good. Saves money as well. ....let's change the topic - do you want to go out with me?
She: Hangs up

Today we learned that you shouldn't play with peoples feelings or it might take a grim turn!:bortz: /s

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they patch it before then, or else those games will get NO sales and it would be horrible for Nintendo. Plus the people who really care about exploits/mods/piracy/whatever will be on the game and have the 5.5 exploit, so that when Zelda U / Starfox etc release, people won't just suggest to everyone, "oh, don't buy them, you can get them free and all you need is a computer", or whatever.

Anyway, can't wait for this! I've had my Wii U since release day and it's always auto updated so I never got to do anything cool with it. Also hoping for Smash Bros. mods to make their triumphant return :) Brawl mods were amazing, hopefully Wii U mods can come close or the same!

Me alike! Just wanna change the music on Smashville and Town&City so badly (too much residentsleeper atm)

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same! I really hope someone makes a Project M type game for Smash 4. It would be awesome!
It would be! Though I like the Smash 4 physics and such and I'm not sure I'd really want to change them, but it's always a nice option to have. I want there to be a community mod version that everyone will use and it contains the missing veterans from Brawl / Melee (basically how Project M did it, mostly just porting them over and fixing up the model to fit Smash 4 style), as well as fixes such as the CSS rearrangement (if it's not done when Corrin / Bayo release) and new/missing stages or Beta stages based on Battlefield. Obviously this would take a while to happen but eventually it would be amazing! Also balance changes that were never given by Sakurai, like Jiggly / Palutena / Wii Fit buffs, etc to make everyone balanced in 1-on-1s instead of some characters being better in free for all but horrible in 1-on-1 like Palu.

Last edited by LucaSmash,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me alike! Just wanna change the music on Smashville and Town&City so badly (too much residentsleeper atm)
not only that
but is it just me or does most music in Nintendo games suck this days?
yoshi 3ds was repetitive
i miss that old retro music
you know
like battletoads music, contra, etc.

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only that
but is it just me or does most music in Nintendo games suck this days?
yoshi 3ds was repetitive
i miss that old retro music
you know
like battletoads music, contra, etc.

Is it even fair to say Nintendo music of today in general sucks, then use Yoshi 3DS, pretty much the worst music of any game released anytime recently, as an example?

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even fair to say Nintendo music of today in general sucks, then use Yoshi 3DS, pretty much the worst music of any game released anytime recently, as an example?
yoshi 3ds music is a perfect example lol

i do gotta say
Shovel knight music is impressive
but that games is indie
may be mistaking

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: solitaire4eva

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Piracy on wiiu before Zelda U could affect only on cross gen release on NX , i doubt Nintendo will put much effort on fw upgrades for wiiu since mid 2016 they surely will start concentrate on NX.
Not piracy will make them anticipate nx release but only give them a good excuse to leave caring of wiiu early than planned... Wii was left for an entire year before wiiu in the end , their efforts to protect last games from piracy were quasi zero .

Last edited by nintendarium,

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I missed the whole cheese from earlier, just finished reading the whole thing from the other thread and this one lol Its nice to see Hykem is still at it(sorta still hope he'll drop it before ending Jan).

So skipping that, yeah it would be awesome if we get a Project M thing for Sm4sh, custom stuff on MK8 and also hoping for extra items/levels in Mario Maker too(gameboy marioland style, mario bros 2, etc...). But duh we'll certainly need devs highly motivated for those things too happen though lol

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy on wiiu before Zelda U could affect only on cross gen release on NX , i doubt Nintendo will put much effort on fw upgrades for wiiu since mid 2016 they surely will start concentrate on NX.
Not piracy will make them anticipate nx release but only give them a good excuse to leave caring of wiiu early than planned... Wii was left for an entire year before wiiu in the end , their efforts to protect last games from piracy were quasi zero .

I hope they don't leave the wiiu in the dust like they did the Wii!

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I missed the whole cheese from earlier, just finished reading the whole thing from the other thread and this one lol Its nice to see Hykem is still at it(sorta still hope he'll drop it before ending Jan).

So skipping that, yeah it would be awesome if we get a Project M thing for Sm4sh, custom stuff on MK8 and also hoping for extra items/levels in Mario Maker too(gameboy marioland style, mario bros 2, etc...). But duh we'll certainly need devs highly motivated for those things too happen though lol
I really want custom tilesets for things like Metroid. Imagine being able to create your own super metroid levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P