Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
sale64.GIF

Not to derail the thread any further but I hope that clears up something to everyone. Yes before ps1 all the way to GC games were around 50ish. Now, everything is around 60-70ish. ANYONE can AT LEAST get their hands on a game that puts them on 5.3.2 or even (whenever and if it ever comes to light) a game like cubic ninja that will allow for further console hacking if the iOSu doesn´t come in time.

NOW, give it a rest and lets focus once more on waiting for Hykem to show signs of life haha.

ikarius031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, Wii U games in Canada are up to $70 with tax and everything. 3DS games are pretty much $50. Australia has it pretty bad when it comes to game prices too.

Even worse if they're new titles... Example, I paid 69.99$ for Super Mario Maker... With taxes, comes to be 80.70$ here in Quebec. So majority of WiiU titles are about 80$ here...

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the NES came out in the USA in 1985, $40 in 1985 is the equivalent of 88 dollars today, and since he said AND snes era, that goes down even more
Well i just gave in the number on some website and it showed 90 dollars. Also i just looked up pricing of games back then and most games were 50 dollars so a game back then was 111 dollars.

Last edited by kumikochan,

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i dont know the equivalent in Spain when i am... but im sure than they was more expensive when countries was more poor and live was more hard lmao. At least here.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me how you did the math ? Only then i'll believe you ;)

He is right, assuming when we say $ we are referring to the USD. Adjusting for inflation in the US, $40 USD in 1980 is the same as $115 USD today, and the same in 1985 (when the NES hit stores in the US) is the same as $88 USD today. Going further, $40 USD in 1991 (when the SNES released in the US) is roughly $70 USD today.

At the end of the day they were ALL more expensive than the $60 we pay now.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the NES came out in the USA in 1985, $40 in 1985 is the equivalent of 88 dollars today, and since he said AND snes era, that goes down even more
Also i looked up pricing for snes games and back then games were like 70 - 80 dollars. So i took 75 dollars per game and calculated through some inflation calculator and games were equivalent back then to 127 dollars now ;) Sorry to break your nuts.

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even worse if they're new titles... Example, I paid 69.99$ for Super Mario Maker... With taxes, comes to be 80.70$ here in Quebec. So majority of WiiU titles are about 80$ here...

yeah lol, when I went to buy Mario Maker it was almost 80 dollars for me too even though every other Wii U game, new or old, were regular price. I think Mario Maker was more expensive because of the special packaging and stuff.

nathanbuschx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i looked up pricing for snes games and back then games were like 70 - 80 dollars. So i took 75 dollars per game and calculated through some inflation calculator and games were equivalent back then to 127 dollars now ;) Sorry to break your nuts.
I was alive and well and purchasing plenty of SNES games at launch, most were definitely not 70-80 dollars, very few were actually, usually Squaresoft games, most were 50-60, you also have to take into account that they were cartridge based, came with real boxes and real instruction manuals, all those materials cost money, besides, I was basing this entire discussion off your quoted 40 dollars equaled 120-140 dollars, which is false

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was alive and well and purchasing plenty of SNES games at launch, most were definitely not 70-80 dollars, very few were actually, usually Squaresoft games, most were 50-60, you also have to take into account that they were cartridge based, came with real boxes and real instruction manuals, all those materials cost money, besides, I was basing this entire discussion off your quoted 40 dollars equaled 120-140 dollars, which is false
I was a bit off but here you go. Still way above 100 dollars compared to today.
5470fbc52936e.preview-620.jpg

Last edited by kumikochan,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch