Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did update. He said to not expect anything before feb once more. Until then, try to chill. If you have a 5.3.2 wii u, enjoy loadiine and such.

That info/update was from like 3 days ago. And I think its safe to say most of us lurking in there don't have a 5.3.2 or even a 5.4 system.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well most games here are 50 euro's. Some are 60 like the Hyrule special edition here. And most Wii u games are 30 euro. Just bought Bayonetta 2 bundled with bayonetta 1 for 29.90 euro here new.

Avg price here in the us seems to depend on the system. Handhelds (3DS/Vita) average $39.99, with limited or special editions being anywhere from $10 to $30 higher. Xbox/Playstation games average $59.99 with limited or special editions varying wildly based on included content. Statues often double the price or more, while a fancy Steel Book case only adds $10. PC and WiiU have wide ranges and tend to cost more for bigger games (which is the way it SHOULD be imo)

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest thing I notice with Wii U pricing is that used copies don't seem to go down in price much compared to new copies, which I find rather odd compared to other systems.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The biggest thing I notice with Wii U pricing is that used copies don't seem to go down in price much compared to new copies, which I find rather odd compared to other systems.
This is true, in the netherlands for example NSMBU is 60 euro's new and used goes for 45 euro. Only 15 euro difference.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've noticed that too. I've also noticed that Wii U games don't seem to get sold back to places like GameStop as often. Probably related.

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

ultracamp

lol wut
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Sorry, I don't see it on the first page of this thread but will there be support eventually for 5.5.1 ? and will loadiine work once the exploit is released?

This thread says there should be something released eventually.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

01/19/16:
Hykem's IOSU Exploit for 2.0.0 to 5.5.1 expected before March. Stay on whatever FW you are on for now and use TubeHax DNS to block updates!

Last edited by ultracamp,
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, I don't see it on the first page of this thread but will there be support eventually for 5.5.1 ? and will loadiine work once the exploit is released?

This thread says there should be something released eventually.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

01/19/16:
Hykem's IOSU Exploit for 2.0.0 to 5.5.1 expected before March. Stay on whatever FW you are on for now and use TubeHax DNS to block updates!
Yes, obviously. Loadiine just needs to be ported to 5.5 along with other homebrew once IOSU's exposed.

Reactions: josh87402

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, obviously. Loadiine just needs to be ported to 5.5 along with other homebrew once IOSU's exposed.

Are you sure about loadiine? Hykem said he is trying to hinder piracy by obfuscating the exploit so I really doubt it will work. Personally I was hoping for some emulators but again roms are piracy so who knows if we will be able to run them.

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Are you sure about loadiine? Hykem said he is trying to hinder piracy by obfuscating the exploit so I really doubt it will work. Personally I was hoping for some emulators but again roms are piracy so who knows if we will be able to run them.
He's trying to hinder piracy, doesn't mean it will be impossible to use loadiine on 5.5

Last edited by josh87402,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work