HWFLY v4 glitches, but screen doesnt turn on

justpylon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im posting about my oled switch I modded with a hwfly v4 . I had to fix it after it stopped booting from a drop that dislodged the dat0 connector. After fixing it and reassembling it, the modchip glitches and boots perfectly, from flashing fast purple, to instant slowish flashing purple, to a solid green, and then the light goes off, but the screen stays black. Ive tried reseting it via putty and the two pins on the board itself, it trains like normal and then tries to boot like normal, but still no screen. Ive updated the hwfly as well. My diode values are normal at between .7v-.75v for 3.3v, A, C, and D, but B says 1.28v instead of 2v-3v. Did i brick my switch without knowing it? The screen is fresh and works perfect with another motherboard I have.

I followed this video but installed the FPCB before the description was updated to say to avoid it.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
After it glitches connect the Switch to a PC via USB and see if an APX device shows up.

I had a very similar problem. The console was fine at first but it slowly deteriorated over time where false positive glitches would become more and more common. I sent it to my friend who identified the issue but to fix it he had to replace the whole chip (There may be a way to do it without replacing the chip but that's the most straight forward).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum