Hwfly rp2040 on oled, inconsistent boot

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed a hwfly rp2040 chip/ribbons on an oled version with skhynix emmc chip. When I push the power on the switch, it does not always power on the hwfly chip (no led). I have to push the reset button on hwfly to get it to power on. Anybody knows why this is the issue? I swapped the hwfly board with another one and I have the same issue.

Here are the diode values for my Switch OLED, board version HEG-CPU-01

3.3v point = 0.738
D = 0.638
A = 0.62
C = 0.478
B = .0L

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I wonder which fw version you used on that chip. Mine was 2.74 and it gave me a heart attack after failing emmc and not booting in ofw (purple screen).

Reactions: ash_ketchup

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder which fw version you used on that chip. Mine was 2.74 and it gave me a heart attack after failing emmc and not booting in ofw (purple screen).

I tried the default firmware on the hwfly and also upgraded the firmware to 2.74, giving me the same result.

For the purple screen, it is most likely the resistor on CMD point is starting to fail.

troydm

Trophies
XP
Country
I have exactly same issue like you have, also I bought mine with already installed chip, it works very inconsistently, almost always stucking on power on/reboot, only way is to either press and hold the power button to trigger another hard reset or press reset on modchip

Codyexter

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Any luck with it? I'm having the same problem. I had someone installing it for me and it worked perfectly like for 2 months and now it just doesn't want to glitch. It gives me two yellow flashes on fw 2.75

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have exactly same issue like you have, also I bought mine with already installed chip, it works very inconsistently, almost always stucking on power on/reboot, only way is to either press and hold the power button to trigger another hard reset or press reset on modchip

When I switch over to the instinct chip, it doesn’t get stuck like in the hwfly chip. It still doesn’t boot into hekate all the times.
Post automatically merged:

Any luck with it? I'm having the same problem. I had someone installing it for me and it worked perfectly like for 2 months and now it just doesn't want to glitch. It gives me two yellow flashes on fw 2.75

Still not yet. I might open the switch and resolder a few points. Just haven’t have time yet to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol