Donnie-Burger

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So far 5 have come in with this issue in all flavors of flashable hwfly cores.

No glitch no matter what FW is flashed to chip.

Current solution for me:

Leave flex cable soldered, remove core that doesn't glitch, clip in a different / new core and glitches fine. Then I use the non glitching core on another switch and glitches fine. Doing this eliminates a bad core chip, a bad flex cable and or bad soldering. Putty and or other methods didn't remedy the non glitching setup, only swapping cores around did for me.

All 5 v2's with these symptoms were updated to 15.01 exfat first.

Hopefully this gets ironed out. Anyone with some knowledge on this feel free to chime in.

Edit: 4 cores swapped over to other switches and all good. 1 bad core it seems.

Last edited by Donnie-Burger,

Donnie-Burger

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Try this firmware maybe here

I always use hwfly v4 for v2 mariko switch so can't help much but never seen a issue like this
V2 in title is referring to switch V2 mariko and current Cores were labeled the new V5s - They dont have the 2 reset points on top like the v4.x core do and they look like the OG cores. Stock FW was blue led to green when glitched like the older cores.

Thank you. Just tried it. Have 1 chip left that's not glitching. Purple led then goes to a blue / green / white light for a few seconds then off. Have to do a hard reset or unplug battery to try again. Same exact result every power on. Slap a diff core in and it glitches fine.

This Core I believe is bad as it acts like the emmc module is missing. Anyone know how to fix cores that cannot detect emmc and soldering is fine? So make that 4 cores that were able to simply install into another switch and 1 core is most likely bad.

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when i say v4 i mean the oled chip i don't use core anymore even on v2 mariko
maybe the nand connector on the chip is bad ?
you can try to solder wire directly from the hwfly to the nand

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill