HWFLY 4.2 install on switch lite help

bennet321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help or at least point me in the right direction. I just installed a Hwfly v4.2 on a switch lite(HDH-001). Problem is that it boots up the boot loader but I can't get any further then that. Trying to boot custom firmware gives me a black screen. If I try to boot ofw by disconnecting the chip I get a blue screen. I am fairly confident that the soldering is fine. HWFLY chip led turns blue , purple then green then shuts off when trying to boot custom firmware which if I have read the bootloader documentation correctly means that it is running the payload. Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated

jrok96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a shame nobody responded to you. Did you figure anything out? i did my first install on a switch lite using one of the newer rp2040 based clone chips and am having similar issues aswell. i get to no sd card screen but wont boot once i make and insert sd card. However when i remove 3.3 and ribbon for caps my system still boots stock nand.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Disconnect the chip and make sure your system is turned off, keep pressing VOL- & VOL+ then one press power this should get you into maintenance mode to recover you system.

If not, your next step is to flash your chip.

bennet321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
its a shame nobody responded to you. Did you figure anything out? i did my first install on a switch lite using one of the newer rp2040 based clone chips and am having similar issues aswell. i get to no sd card screen but wont boot once i make and insert sd card. However when i remove 3.3 and ribbon for caps my system still boots stock nand.
I damaged the power chip just below the CPU. I replaced it but was still getting the same thing. After that I realized one of the RAM chips was getting hot. Removed that then the CPU started getting hot, still blue screen. I think by damaging the power chip which I most likely did when removing the CPU shield it has taken out something on the CPU as some of the lines on the busted power chip were shorted. I am now keeping the board as a parts board.

Not one to give up so easily I purchased another switch lite off ebay and like you one of the new rp2040 clone chips off aliexpress. Took extra care when taking the CPU shield off this time. It's now installed and works great. Moral of the story make sure you take care when removing that CPU shield. I have modded many systems before and this is the first one I have broke.

By the sound of it you have not damaged anything like I did. When I disconnected power from my chip I got the same result. It sounds like you may have something setup wrong on you SD card.

jrok96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I damaged the power chip just below the CPU. I replaced it but was still getting the same thing. After that I realized one of the RAM chips was getting hot. Removed that then the CPU started getting hot, still blue screen. I think by damaging the power chip which I most likely did when removing the CPU shield it has taken out something on the CPU as some of the lines on the busted power chip were shorted. I am now keeping the board as a parts board.

Not one to give up so easily I purchased another switch lite off ebay and like you one of the new rp2040 clone chips off aliexpress. Took extra care when taking the CPU shield off this time. It's now installed and works great. Moral of the story make sure you take care when removing that CPU shield. I have modded many systems before and this is the first one I have broke.

By the sound of it you have not damaged anything like I did. When I disconnected power from my chip I got the same result. It sounds like you may have something setup wrong on you SD card.
i was using the 3.3 and ground both from that capaciter above the sd card reader. Turns out that was causing interference when reading from the sd card. after switching to other points all was ok. lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hb. But wash your hands before coming back :) js