Homebrew Question HWAcel 3D

D

Deleted-442439

No. First of all the only semi publicly leaked SDK from June 2017, is a pre release SDK from 2016. A lot of things have changed since then, I have looked at the documentation it is very out of date. Secondly it is completely illegal to do so, not only does it break the NDA developers sign with Nintendo when signing up for the Nintendo Developer program, but it is considered a "trade secret".

Any developer who uses anything from the SDK in their toolchains will get legal trouble from Nintendo.

There are developers working on porting nouveau, Nvidias open source driver to Switch, but it takes time, so patience is key.

Last edited by ,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn’t hw acceleration already work in Linux? There shouldn’t be anything stopping us from doing so already.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Doesn’t hw acceleration already work in Linux? There shouldn’t be anything stopping us from doing so already.
It does, but we don't have Vulkan yet and I'm not sure what drivers they are using, they might be inferior.
No. First of all the only semi publicly leaked SDK from June 2017, is a pre release SDK from 2016. A lot of things have changed since then, I have looked at the documentation it is very out of date. Secondly it is completely illegal to do so, not only does it break the NDA developers sign with Nintendo when signing up for the Nintendo Developer program, but it is considered a "trade secret".

Any developer who uses anything from the SDK in their toolchains will get legal trouble from Nintendo.

There are developers working on porting nouveau, Nvidias open source driver to Switch, but it takes time, so patience is key.
Does that even work with Tegra?

Reactions: Centergaming

o0DarkMaxx0o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, a CFW is the same... you are using nintendo code right ?

D

Deleted-442439

Well, a CFW is the same... you are using nintendo code right ?

No. Atmosphere does not use any of Nintendo's proprietary property. The point of CFW is to reimplement Nintendo's code, not use it. If Atmosphere was a 1:1 of Horizon with patches it would be taken down.

SX OS however is closed source so it is impossible to know what they used. That is most likely also why CEMU is closed source, there are several things that point to them having used leaked stuff.

Reactions: wicksand420

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say we do like the old days with the first xbox and just release all the code written with the official sdk on something like xbins and do it anonymously. Same with the 360 too. Almost all the good stuff was written with the official sdk. Oh and the ps3 aswell.;)

Reactions: Centergaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9