OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
izder456.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
It isn't really clear how to install HVCA for the gba on a modern flash cart. In a recent thread, @rosmander and I found a solution:

I found the solution here:

https://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?title=NES

I have followed all the steps of the tutorial and the rom works perfect, even has the option of save/load states.

What I did was download HVCA 1.40 from here:

https://pdroms.de/files/nintendo-gameboyadvance-gba/hvca-v1-40

and then insert in the folder add the rom of nes in question along with its configuration file included in the folder cfg since for that game is necessary, both rename them with the same name and each file with its corresponding extension and run the file "merge.bat", the resulting file hvca.bin rename it to my liking keeping the extension and everything works correctly. You can even put more roms together in case you have problems in pocketnes with them but as I was only interested in that one, meti only punch out.

When you start the emulator for the first time asks you to confirm some options, that in my case always select in the two questions that makes you the first option and we enter the emulator menu with the injected roms, execute and play. To enter the emulator menu by pressing L is enough and we will see all available options. That if to exit the emulator and load another emulator or roms it is necessary to turn off the console, since, it does not give option to exit to the main menu of EZ Flash Omega.

To clarify, he's talking about Punch out! because he was trying to get the game running on the gba as this was from his childhood. But, PocketNES has limited compatibility with some games, and (most games don't) but some games break, like Punch Out!.

Reactions: rosmander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    MiniTool is so slow at extending partitions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I prefer AOMEI Partition Assistant
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday @BakerMan in case I miss it. Hope you have all your dreams come true,except the Wario in the woods one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free edition doesnt let you resize
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So seriously, damn I didn't know that. One to grow on...Gonna go check myself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Etcher decided to partition like 400GB of this sd card so trying to find a good software that doesnt ask for your entire check
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a blank Partition, or are you trying to take an existing partition and extend it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I once married a woman because she had a nice partition, then it became corrupted. I had to abandon that woman, and upgrade to a nicer woman with a better partition.
    +1
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    This is one of the more bizarre spam raids I've seen on this site
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is weird
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank You Mods! Spam Swatters Rule!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a werid memory blank picked up my tooth brush and I was like what do I do next
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cause you did Ecstasy/MDMA or LSD in the past, it will creep up on you and do that sometimes. Or dementia. (BTW- Just insert into anal cavity for 1 minute, then remove, check temperature. -76 normal)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No I read your comment and realized I didn't want to remember anything
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toothbrushes are great for cleaning tile grout, A little baking soda and water is all you need. Obv don't use the same toothbrush you use for anal temperature probing.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mcguyver saved and rescused a whole village, just using a toothbrush.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least a dentist is cheaper than your wife
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why my dentist gets mad when I call her demtits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just remember, that dentist, can put you out with gas, then do things to you. (makes me wanna go see my dentist)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    She's got happy gas
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It is funny how they call that laughing gas, granted it does make you giggly before you pass out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of offices are clearing it out guess they figure just deal with it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a root canal done a year ago and got gassed before. My dentist made me count from 10 backwards, i remember making it to 5. Woke up thinking I was still counting backwards from 10.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm looking at dozens of crowns and a couple implants
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm looking at dozens of crowns and a couple implants