Status
Not open for further replies.

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great and sucks at the same time.

Ill admit I would love homebrew and hell even a loader eventually.

I only hope it takes a while before anyone can get piracy up and running. The switch is the first time in a long time that any third party devs have even considered nintendo. If piracy hits too early we are screwed in good third party support.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only hope it takes a while before anyone can get piracy up and running. The switch is the first time in a long time that any third party devs have even considered nintendo. If piracy hits too early we are screwed in good third party support.

Don't worry about piracy for the foreseeable future.

D

Deleted User

are you people drunk ? why use 3 sites to write about crap and scarasm ? damn we should be happy that we now have open doors its just an matter of time until somebody release that so we can build something.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some techical questions since im trying to understand :
This hack lets you register and run services with arbitrary code and run them right. Do they ran on root rights? If thats the case then you should be able to install a service that lets you get root acess and enables ssh and the system is somewhat wide open and next step would be to create a cfw / small kit that hinders cart/online specific updates to change that access so ppl can still get to higher firmwares while keeping a door open. Or am i understanding this compeltly wrong :-)

Last edited by Ceuse,

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
bought a new switch just for this, hope it's worth in a future. In case it isn't, ill just sell it xD

DeMeoZee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody here know if the cart updates have been exclusive to first party? As in should i expect a third party game like skyrim to come with an update?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Nooooo, well let's atleast hope that the won't find away to run pirated games.

And yes, I'm on 3.0.1 and i couldn't care less that i won't i able to use this.
I have a good job that pays good and i have no problem with buying the games i want.

I haven't pirated a game since the Wii days.
Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Last edited by SnAQ,
D

Deleted-355425

Nooooo, well let's atleast hope that the won't find away to run pirated games.

And yes, I'm on 3.0.1 and i couldn't care less that i won't i able to use this.
I have a good job that pays good and i have no problem with buying the games i want.

I haven't pirated a game since the Wii days.
Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

wrong forum lad.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Some techical questions since im trying to understand :
This hack lets you register and run services with arbitrary code and run them right. Do they ran on root rights? If thats the case then you should be able to install a service that lets you get root acess and enables ssh and the system is somewhat wide open and next step would be to create a cfw that hinders cart/online specific updates to change that acess. Or am i understanding this compeltly wrong :-)
disclaimer, I'm not certain on what i'm saying, it may be wrong, feel free to correct me.

I think you've got this all wrong, i'm not certain, but going off my basic knowledge, you cannot simply install a service that fully opens the system, especially root ssh. I really don't understand your second point, it seems you're trying to fully block out updates or attempt to allow cart access with newer firmwares on them to run on 3.0? This wouldn't work for a couple reasons

• We don't have full access to everything, while having access to all services with arbitrary code execution is a lot, it does not mean the system is fully cracked. For example, you wouldn't be able to install a coldboot system, pirate games, patch out signature checks or ignore game cart updates. We're not at the point where we can just install a cfw.
  • You're really really off with the root ssh thing, that's not happening, here's how i'd like to explain it, it's like attempting to break out of a prison with a spoon, with this you can't just drop a root access on the switch and follow that with a full cfw. If that was possible, i'd be running a nice cfw right now.
  • For your update question (I don't really understand it) it seems like you're attempting to change the update that's placed on switch carts? This is impossible since switch carts are Read Only Memory (ROMs) which by no circumstances are rewriteable. Also, instead of this, if you're below 3.0 you could simply manually update using the install service, same way we spoof on the Wii U, and spoofed on the 3ds, except with a full system update. You may be wondering if this is possible because of efuses, well, it is, since when booting it'll check your firmware, and if you have too few fuses burnt, it'll simply burn those fuses and boot regularly, effectively updating your console without the need of a game card. (Thanks to @TerraPhantm for letting me know about this, since I cant read.)
So yeah, I hope you find my answers to your questions satisfactory, sadly it's not as simple as you make it seem. I wish it was, but it isn't. Have a good day. :)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The switch is the first time in a long time that any third party devs have even considered nintendo. If piracy hits too early we are screwed in good third party support.
Wow, you make it sound like the last time it happened was in the NES era. :huh: Gamecube had good 3rd party support. The Wii had so much 3rd party support we ended up with a lot of shovelware. The Wii U, ok, I agree, but that was only last gen, not so long ago.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you make it sound like the last time it happened was in the NES era. :huh: Gamecube had good 3rd party support. The Wii had so much 3rd party support we ended up with a lot of shovelware. The Wii U, ok, I agree, but that was only last gen, not so long ago.
Gamecube, while good, didn't have as much 3rd party support as the SNES and N64.

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Stupid question, is leaving the switch on airplane mode enough to avoid updating? On 3.0 atm

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamecube, while good, didn't have as much 3rd party support as the SNES and N64.
SNES, yes, that's obvious! As for N64, I would have to check. Keeping the cartridge format while competing with PlayStation's CDrom hurt Nintendo down the line. I remember Squaresoft releasing Final Fantasy VII on PSX rather than N64, which was the original plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT