Hacking Hows the ak2i working on the DSi...?

l_ongshot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it perform the same...? Same errors...? Better performance...? Hang ups? Crashes? Complaints? Comments? Anything would help...

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
any game company (or homebrew author) could just make sure the bootrom gets overwritten when their game starts and *poof*… you’ve got yourself a flash cartridge that is only DS Phat and DS Lite compatible.

Wow. :wtf:

Makes me wonder if there will ever be a truly stable flash cart for the DSi.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CoconutCake said:
QUOTE said:
any game company (or homebrew author) could just make sure the bootrom gets overwritten when their game starts and *poof*… you’ve got yourself a flash cartridge that is only DS Phat and DS Lite compatible.

Wow. :wtf:

Makes me wonder if there will ever be a truly stable flash cart for the DSi.

if someone did that, I am sure it would be front page news here. so in other words, don't be the first to try anything. because as the saying goes, the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

kakujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the AK2i for my DSL just in case I decided to buy a DSi later on down the road.

It was perhaps one of the bigger mistakes I've ever made. All the research I've done make using the acekard and ezflash 3-in-1 look very easy to use.
I've got everything configured just right. All of my ds games work (with AKAIO; the official firmware can't save some of my games correctly), but my slot-2 only plays a few of my gba games and the rumble/ram doesn't work. NOR mode just freezes my ds.
As you can see, there seems to be little compatibility with this card.

Considering Nintendo is just gonna release firmware to combat the AK2i, I really wish I had just bought an AK2... All this crap's not worth waiting a year for working firmware to be released.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
i've uh.. used my 3in1 with my ak2i on a DSPhat just fine. it's the thicker model for DS Phat; i had a busted 3in1 for DSLite with crappy battery fail and all.

make sure the 3in1 functions properly with rudolph's tool and/or the official firmware before jumping on the "akaio fucks up the 3in1" thing

kakujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
i've uh.. used my 3in1 with my ak2i on a DSPhat just fine. it's the thicker model for DS Phat; i had a busted 3in1 for DSLite with crappy battery fail and all.

make sure the 3in1 functions properly with rudolph's tool and/or the official firmware before jumping on the "akaio fucks up the 3in1" thing

I understand your protectiveness, but while I implied it, I don't think it's AKAIO's fault. ^^;
I love the thing a whole heck of a lot more than the official firmware.

But I figured it was one of those two possibilities. Your new input makes me pretty sure it's just these darn 3-in-1's...
I really didn't want to have to ship it back and wait for them to send another one. ><

BALLS! BALLS, I SAY!

While we're on the subject, does anyone happen to know what particular battery the 3-in-1 uses?
I have some soldering equipment at my disposal and if I can just replace the battery rather than wait another week or two, that'd be fantastic.

Edit: NVM, I opened it, and it appears to be a CR1220. I'll have to go down to the battery store.
tongue.gif

kakujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was careful. ^^~

Just got it finished. The battery seems fine. It loads all my games, but it's very inconsistent. I'll try once and it freezes, I'll try a second time and it will say "analyzing rom" then "loading to ram" then give me a white screen, then I'll try a third time and it works.

My Mario Advance 4 is glitching up at the the intro, but I think I remember reading somewhere that it needs to be patched in some way.

Rudolph's Back up tool is recognizing it, but it always freezes after it tells me what cart I put in to copy. "Reading of file list" and such.

The ram and rumble functions still are not being recognized. I figure it's just because I was sneak-shipped a 3-in-1+.
I don't mind, though. I'm just glad I can (sometimes) play games. I can wait for new releases o' stuff for the rest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again