How would you improve the Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Master Dimentio, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Simple question here folks. I'm sure with every new console that comes out we all have our gripes about how things were done and what we wish could be done better.

My question is simple, if you had the power to change the Switch in any way possible what would you do.

And to really get you thinking carefully about your response let's limit to 3 things per post. Just to prevent massive walls of text.

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    I hope the internet connectivity improves before any major online games are released.

3. Reyn_the_Insane

Reyn_the_Insane Mega Man Fanatic

Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    OVAH DEAH!
    Internet browser or a YouTube app without having to close out of the game. I cannot tell you how many times I've wanted to look something up on the darn thing.

Jacklack3 and maorninja like this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Metal joy cons would be dope, although maybe not on the rails (metal sliding into metal es no bueno). A secondary charging port on top would be good. Microfiber cloth standard on the inside dock rails. More games (soonTM). Other than that it's a perfect device IMO.

5. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    backup saves

Zense, maorninja, VMM and 1 other person like this.
  6. SonicCloud

SonicCloud a crybaby <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    -500GB of memory (tbh , who uses 32gb?)
    -Use custom avatars , come on Nintendo
    -And fix those Left Joycon issues

obviously there are some more , but considering OP said only 3 then ill keep them as 3

maorninja likes this.
  7. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Full sized SD card support. We still don't have a 512GB MicroSD, and we just might never.

maorninja likes this.
  8. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Better build quality.
    Specs that are not shit.
    Longer battery life

invaderyoyo likes this.
  9. Shubshub

Shubshub The Shubinator

Oct 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    The dark part of your house
    Enjoy spending an extra $100 on flash memory easily possibly even $150

I would add probably an extra 4GB RAM and also would've used the Tegra X2

10. Enteking

Enteking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    New Tegra TX2 chip to double the battery time. SLI-capable dock with non-scratch inlays. larger, replaceable battery. OLED display, smaller 3DSXL sized mini version, 64-128GB internal storage.

VMM likes this.
  11. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You want a gaming laptop in the ~$1500+ range, not a $300 portable. Completely pointless starting your expectations at unrealistic levels. Especially when PS4/XB1 specs = also shit.

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 12, 2017
    smileyhead likes this.
  12. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

Cut the price by half, bundle all those crappy tech-demos with the console, release a dock that doesn't scratch the screen, make the screen out of glass instead of plastic and then scrap the entire console and make one without any gimmicks instead.

soulbwoy likes this.
  13. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Kinect, Move, PSVR, and HoloLens would like a word with you...

Yil likes this.
  14. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

I can imagine why. They must be pretty lonely in the dumpster.

McHaggis likes this.
  15. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Lol. Guess you can always have your fantasy console manufacturer in your mind for comfort. IRL consoles always have "gimmicks."

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 12, 2017
    vinipeix likes this.
  16. Baoulettes

Baoulettes The lonely man

May 25, 2011
    France
    C:\Users\Baoulettes\Desktop\GBATemp
    A less heavy model, for people that have trouble with hands that quite hard to play in portable, if not impossible. (for after 10 min I got terrible pain.)
    Micro SD port next to card port, no all can easly open that thing.
    Avatar system more complete. Even if that require validation it would be great that community spirit !
    Opened Dock, remove the front plate of the dock and just leave 2 attach so it does no fall.
    Video recording or anything so we can capture our brillant exploit on a game.
    Browser like it would be userfull, with video play back without closing game.

that all, I don't ask any better component because that would not be a switch but another console.
    All that it is possible with the current switch.

17. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    I don't have one but I've seen the screen gets scratched easily. Having a gorilla glass would be a good choice.
    Also, the charging port should be on top for easy charging while playing with the kickstand.

18. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Custom wallpapers
    Custom Avatars
    Useable kick stand

I cant really complain the switch is a great system just needs some os updating that im sure will come soon

19. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    A Dpad! Fukks sake Nintendo, it's a lovely screen and perfectly suited to a bit of retro gaming. I know there's a dpad on the Pro controller but I'm not interested in docked mode... I have a good feeling it'll happen anyway, alongside their VC rollout I reckon we'll be able to buy a new left Joycon with one on - fingers crossed that happens (though I'll probably still moan about the extra outlay anyway!)

20. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    Typically better plastic quality overall. It seems like they tried using the cheapest plastic they could find while producing them which is just childish.

Maybe a better dock in a sense than instead of just resting in it you can have it click onto it because the first time I placed mine in I kept pressing down expecting a click to let me know it was in the correct place and instead it pushed back at me lol. Plus, the dock should have came with an Ethernet adapter already connected to the board that is currently in it but they skipped that.

I would say better battery life but lets be honest, that'll be fixed in a year or two so I guess car chargers and powerbanks work for now.

VMM likes this.