Hacking Question How would I restore my switch to normal with a clean nand backup but can't enter ofw on nand fw

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,922
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I have currently hacked my switch, If I wanted to restore it back to normal I would need to restore my clean nand backup which I made before I hacked the system. However since I accidentally booted into OFW which burnt fuses I wouldn't be able to enter OFW on my nand backup firmware, I would only be able to enter CFW on my nand backup firmware. How would I restore my switch to a clean state if I am forced to enter cfw? TIA

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your objective is to have clean nand for online play you're gonna have to update anyway. I'd recommend restoring your clean nand and then boot to sysnand with a custom bootloader and then update officially to latest firmware.

I dont know if Nintendo can detect custom bootloaders or not but I dont see any other way.

Of course this all assumes you've never been online at all since hacking because if your logs dont match then you can expect a ban.

Edit: almost forgot. I hope you also have boot1 and boot0 when you backed up your nand or you can forget about restoring at all.

Last edited by Kafluke,
D

Deleted User

OP
If your objective is to have clean nand for online play you're gonna have to update anyway. I'd recommend restoring your clean nand and then boot to sysnand with a custom bootloader and then update officially to latest firmware.

I dont know if Nintendo can detect custom bootloaders or not but I dont see any other way.

Of course this all assumes you've never been online at all since hacking because if your logs dont match then you can expect a ban.

Edit: almost forgot. I hope you also have boot1 and boot0 when you backed up your nand or you can forget about restoring at all.

Ty for the reply anyway but I'm pretty sure there is a better way out there than booting into a custom bootloader and updating my ofw that way. Of course I have never been online or pinged the nintendo servers and of course I backed up my nand properly that wasn't even the question. I'll be sure to update this thread when I have the proper solution if nobody else replies :)

D

Deleted User

OP
For anyone finding this thread there is a way
You restore your nand with all the files, inject heke, load choujour (the payload version), update to new fw, restart, hold +- and power, initialize (keep saved). Done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?