ROM Hack How would I rename a *.cgfx model name and replace textures?

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohana3DS doesn't seem to support renaming, and importing textures does nothing. I'd like to keep the animation, and being able to do it at the commandline would be good.

In case you're wondering what I'm working on, this should give a hint:
UGFIGin.png

Gj89zpm.png

I want to rename BannerDS to COMMON1 and replace DmyIcon_00 and DmyText_00 with custom textures.

Basically, I'm working on forwarders that don't clutter up TWL_NAND's 40 game limit.

Mikemk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send it, please?
Can't. Copyrighted by nintendo, but it's romfs:/3D/BannerDS_LZ.bin in title 0004003000008F02. I assume the other region home menus use the same banner. md5sum on the USA N3DS 11.1 region BannerDS_LZ file is 52acf217d01730c17eabcfd8fd38470d. It's easy to get, download the cia from CDN, decrypt, extract. I actually used your toolkit to extract it

There's actually quite a few in there, including a "prize" one that i've never seen which makes me curious about what it was intended for.

PS why doesn't the compiled version work? It only works for me if I drag files onto the UnpackCIA script. The HackingToolkit3DS script doesn't create output files, nor does the compiled version.

Last edited by Mikemk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.