Hacking Homebrew How would I access the front usb ports through an Aroma Plugin.

coolmodder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I access usb ports in an aroma plugin? I've looked at wiiubrew but was unable to make any progress.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To send the screen buffer and audio through the usb?
That might be one of the most insane plans ever and I hope you know what you try to do here... Anyway:
  • Start by understanding how USB works. You want to choose the port based on what device is plugged in, not based where it is physically located.
  • Second step: Design a protocol which is able to route audio and video over USB.
  • 3rd step: Implement that protocol (maybe start here: https://github.com/devkitPro/wut/blob/master/include/nsysuhs/uhs.h ).
  • 4th step: Design and build hardware (a USB device to connect to the Wii U) which uses that protocol and passes it to HDMI or whatever you want as output.

Note that this doesn't take the fact into account that the Wii Us CPU will be too slow to encode the image in realtime. Not sure if the Wii U has dedicated encoding hardware or decoding only...

coolmodder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be one of the most insane plans ever and I hope you know what you try to do here... Anyway:
  • Start by understanding how USB works. You want to choose the port based on what device is plugged in, not based where it is physically located.
  • Second step: Design a protocol which is able to route audio and video over USB.
  • 3rd step: Implement that protocol (maybe start here: https://github.com/devkitPro/wut/blob/master/include/nsysuhs/uhs.h ).
  • 4th step: Design and build hardware (a USB device to connect to the Wii U) which uses that protocol and passes it to HDMI or whatever you want as output.

Note that this doesn't take the fact into account that the Wii Us CPU will be too slow to encode the image in realtime. Not sure if the Wii U has dedicated encoding hardware or decoding only...
Could I send raw buffers over? I meant physically plugging a usb cord to my computer. Also, after a bit of digging, it appears the drc chip can handle sending screenbuffers to the gamepad over wifi, although it has direct access to the gpu. It communicates to the rest of the motherboard by usb which is interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii