How to win a free developer account (Sweepstakes)

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by wiired24, Apr 29, 2017.

1. wiired24
    OP

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home

ATTENTION: The sweepstakes is now closed. A winner has been chosen. More sweepstakes will be posted in this thread in the future so check back every so often for more giveaways.

Developer account sweepstakes

I'm going to be doing a giveaway as I know there are still people who want a developer account but they cannot afford the $20. Or maybe you're completely broke and you're in need. Here is how this works. Comment below with your favorite retro game and why. It can be any game from the 1980's to 2005 I will read the comments and then randomly select one person to issue a $20 gift card to. You will recieve a message in your inbox with the details. Also if the recepient wishes to share the developer account it will be usable for 2 additional people as well. So even if you don't immediatley win perhaps the winner will share their account with you. A Winner will be selected April 29th 11:00 P.M. CST. I'll go ahead and start

EDIT: If this goes well I may start doing dev account giveaways bi-weekly or monthly.

Favorite Retro Game -

Final Fantasy VII

[​IMG]

The are many reasons why this is my favorite. But honestly Final Fantasy VII is the reason I love Japanese Role Playing Games today. They say you never forget your first love. It's true because no matter what Final Fantasy games have been released since, and while there have been many I have enjoyed none could ever replace the nostalgia trip that is VII. From the amazing score composed by Uematsu to the characters and the world of midgar it all comes together synergestically and beautifully. This game had a huge impact on me as a child. Something that will never go away.

Last edited by wiired24, Apr 30, 2017
  2. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    Omg, I could pick a favorite game for every system, it's that hard for me to decide. But, if I must pick one then I'll say Xenogesrs for the PlayStation. I love the score for the game. I love the blend of anime and gameplay. And I thought the story was pretty great too.

I can see where you're coming from with Final Fantasy VII, it's a fan favorite with A LOT of the younger generation and it is a great game but I was a kid when the NES came out so I couldn't pick that one since I played Dragon Warrior 1-4, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy IV Easy Type(II US), Final Fantasy VI(III US), and several other RPGs by the time it came out. I can definitely say that RPGs are my favorite go to genre for playing video games.

wiired24 likes this.
  3. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    I guess that makes you an old timer huh lol xD Yeah i get where you are coming from man. Alot of guys from your gen really like Final Fantasy IV or VI. Me and most kids that grew up when i did Final Fantasy VII was their introduction to the genre

TarkinMX likes this.
  4. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, just turned 36 about two months ago. Honestly Final Fantasy VI is my favorite FF game, then X. As for Dragon Quest/Warrior, it would be IV, then VIII.

wiired24 likes this.
  5. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    I'll be 23 this October haha, Actually I like VI alot too for me my top three would be

1,FF VII 2.FF VI 3.(I Know I'm gonna get shit for this but FF XV)

TarkinMX likes this.
  6. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Favorite Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
    [​IMG]
    I love this game because it was one of my first GameCube games, and it was the game that introduced me into competitive Smash.

I know you said retro and you may say, "That's not retro! Disqualified!" However, many people, including major video game retailers, now consider GameCube and Wii retro. If you must do so, you can disqualify me for not fitting your description of "retro". But hopefully I have made my point here.

dbspanks, wiired24 and TarkinMX like this.
  7. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    It's fine. Nobody will be disqualified. I just meant it as a general rule of thumb for defining what retro meant. However I understand it is 2017 and games from 02, 03, 04 could be by todays standards considered retro. All submission are welcome.

sks316 likes this.
  8. Scarecrow B

Scarecrow B ScrapTown

Dec 29, 2015
    Mexico
    Favorite Game: RPG Maker (Playstation 1)
    [​IMG]

I was still in elementary school when I discovered this game, the idea of making my own game really got my attention. While for a lot of people it might look "boring" I spent a good deal of my time making a game (while playing a game, oh the irony) that in the end I thought was pretty cool. And I still remember how much I cried when my memory card suddenly stopped working and lost all my work (like 3-4 months of work which for a kid is a lot of time).

Last edited by Scarecrow B, Apr 29, 2017
    sks316 and wiired24 like this.
  9. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    dk_country_2 (1).jpg
    My favorite game will always be this one. After playing the first game in the series, donkey kong country 2 just showed us how much a developer can improve upon his/her last game and make a truly masterpiece! The amount of time i gave to this game playing through its beautiful levels, searching for all the collectibles and enjoying the beautiful music composed by david wise, gash, it was a lot! It's truly part of my childhood and i still happen to play it today on almost anything that can run snes games.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Apr 29, 2017
    dbspanks and wiired24 like this.
  10. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    chrono cross is one of my favorite game for the PsOne its the reason why I started gaming and why I got in to the final fantasy games! Iv always wonted a Chrono cross remake.

wiired24 likes this.
  11. dbspanks

dbspanks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    My favorite retro game would have to be Tecmo bowl for the original NES, this game was the bomb, playing with the LA Raiders with Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen, This game led to many neighborhood tournaments back in my day. This was a great multi player game and I still play it today on my 3DS. I love it.

wiired24 likes this.
  12. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I can offer two Xbox one Xbox dev activations to ad to the give away

TarkinMX and wiired24 like this.
  13. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Me fav retro game has got to be Sheep for the GBA.

I always loved cute things and am still playing the original cartridge to this day.

wiired24 likes this.
  14. sandytf

sandytf GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
    [​IMG]
    While this game has a number of ports, remakes, and alternate versions, the PSX iteration will always be my favorite. Aside from a few out of place Working Designs added jokes and references, this game is basically perfect. The story is engrossing, the graphics provide a light-hearted but not childish feel, the music matches the game's mood, and there is a lot of replay value (for a traditional JRPG).

[Please do not include me in the raffle.]

Last edited by sandytf, Apr 29, 2017
    TarkinMX and wiired24 like this.
  15. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    The sweepstakes is now closed. Thanks to all who participated. The winner will be notified via Private Message soon. I will possibly be doing more giveaways in the future, stay tuned.

air2004 and TarkinMX like this.
  16. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    @tunip3 Has just announced he is willing to share 2 of his 3 slots. Anyone who still wants a dev account but didn't win contact him :P

17. vojo

vojo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Thailand
    Dont forget about this one, my favorite
    [​IMG]

18. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    the giveaway is closed but i still have 1 slot to give away

19. vojo

vojo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Thailand
    Do you mind i can get the account please ?

20. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    okay dokey

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

pm me