Hacking How to usw gw on sysnand 11.2??

stefanbk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need help. In the past i used gateway on sysnand 9.2. By mistake i updated my sysnand to 11.2. This means i can't use gateway anymore. What can I do? Can I downgrade to use gateway again?

This while thing with Luna, b9s and a9lh confuses me.

stefanbk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This means: 1. The 3ds.guide 2. The tutorial using luna3ds gateway on b9s?
Will I have gateway emunand like in the past, b9s and luma3ds?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This means: 1. The 3ds.guide 2. The tutorial using luna3ds gateway on b9s?
Will I have gateway emunand like in the past, b9s and luma3ds?
If you follow it in that order, yes. If you follow it in the reverse order... well you can't actually :P

And then, some people would tell you to get rid of Gateway, etc. But even if you want to, if you played games on your GW cart, you need access to your emuNAND on GW's CFW anyway to get your saves back.

edit do not transfer emuNAND to sysNAND at first. Only access GW's CFW on emuNAND. Then if you want to get rid of your Gateway, ok, you can transfer your emuNAND to sysNAND but not before.

stefanbk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why should I get rid of gateway if i already have the card and maybe usw b9s AND gateway? I don't need The saves anymore but it would be nice to have them. I only need to play games for free, usw pokebank and pkhex.

The problem is that i don't understand emunand to sysnand Transfer things.. I only know how to install my gateway card in the past and what sysnand and emunand is.. I can do everything if someone can help me and say whats the best solution is.

Edit : i want to play buyed gamecartrigeds too

Last edited by stefanbk,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why should I get rid of gateway if i already have the card and maybe usw b9s AND gateway? I don't need The saves anymore but it would be nice to have them. I only need to play games for free, usw pokebank and pkhex.

The problem is that i don't understand emunand to sysnand Transfer things.. I only know how to install my gateway card in the past and what sysnand and emunand is.. I can do everything if someone can help me and say whats the best solution is.

Edit : i want to play buyed gamecartrigeds too
Basically, if you do not use Gateway's exclusive features, you can do everything with a free CFW such as Luma in a more convenient way. The only exclusive feature Gateway has is basically its cheat tools. They're far more convenient than NTR... but if you don't use them, they're still useless for you and there is no reason for you to suffer Gateway drawbacks for upsides you don't use.

If you don't want to transfer your emuNAND to sysNAND, you can also keep your emuNAND, even when using Luma. And don't worry, on Luma or Gateway, you'll still be able to play your legit carts... though that's one of the things that are more convenient on a free CFW than on Gateway, since you don't need to swap between these legit carts and your red cart to boot Gateway then boot the game.

stefanbk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This means I have to use The 3ds.guide only for b9s and luma?
Can I follow this without problems? And do i have an emunand anymore because i updated my sysnand to 11.2? Is emunand on the internal sd card? Maybe i deleted it, I don't know anymore..

Sry for the stupid questions I it's very confusing for me

Last edited by stefanbk,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you'd still have to follow the other guide to get your saves back if you played games on the GW cart.

Yes, you can follow it without problems. It doesn't care about your setup and only acts on sysNAND to setup the b9s entrypoint and set Luma to boot on it. Then just follow the other guide to give yourself the option to get to GW, get to GW, backup your saves using JKSM, ... and then you choose, either to keep using your Gateway or to use Luma on emuNAND or to use Luma on sysNAND, whatever you want.

Your emuNAND is on the SD card. You can't really delete it without knowing it. Even if you format your SD card, you usually only format the partition with data so the emuNAND stays. So I'd say you still have it.

stefanbk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok thanks. How can I check if I have emunand? And if I haven't emunand anymore? Can I simply do the 3ds.guide and make an emunand again when following The senden guide?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can plug you SD card in your PC and check its partitions. DON'T FORMAT ANYTHING, EVEN IF WINDOWS TELL YOU TO DO SO (not sure it would, but let's not take the risk). IF you either have two partitions, or one plus "unused space" well your emuNAND is either one of these partitions or that "unused space".

If you don't have an emuNAND anymore, well if you really want to use your Gateway again (see above posts for the few reasons why you'd want that), you need to create an emuNAND again. Which you can do from Gateway's menu, as usual (there are community tools too such as GodMode9, Emunand9, Decrypt9, Hourglass9, etc, but if you know how to use that, just use that). If you don't and think Luma is the way to go, don't bother creating an emuNAND and live your life on sysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.