How to patch your 5.55 and 6.00 ISOs using Game Decrypter

First you'll need the following
33833636.png

An ISO of your game, UMDGen 4.00, and Game Decrypter

40939764.png

Start by opening UMDGen.

75792769.png

Load up your ISO file in to UMDGen.
Now navigate though the folders to get to the EBOOT.BIN file that should be located in the SYSDIR folder.
Extract that file to some where on your computer.

33760902.png

Next go to File>File List>Export

13326898.png

Save your file as Filelist.txt. (Recommended Save it next to the EBOOT.BIN file so that you don't forget about it.)

43888187.png

Now copy the EBOOT.BIN to the root of your Memory Stick.

17003432.png

Make sure to have Game Decrypter in your Game Folder.

200909292226070.png

Now Run Game Decrypter in your PSP.

200909292226340.png

This should be how it looks if loaded properly.

200909292226570.png

This is what it will say when it works and is all done.

65338978.png

Now view your Memory Stick's root, you should see that a new folder called Decrypter (In capital letters) there you should see another EBOOT.BIN Thats the one your going to patch back to the ISO.

80905341.png

You should have these files all ready for patching.

73316632.png

Open up UMDGen (if you closed it load up your ISO again), First copy the EBOOT.BIN in to the same place where the old one was at it should overwrite the older one.

98641908.png

Now your going to have to import the filelist back so, go to File>File List>Import

65686454.png

Find and Import your Filelist.txt that you made earlier.

10429238.png

This pop-up should come up when you import, Filelist.txt
Just click Yes.

59565879.png

Now finally save your ISO. You can save it as a CSO or ISO. (There is chance of some working only as ISOs or only as CSOs.)

39720789.png

Now just copy the save ISO/CSO to your Memory Stick.

200909292241570.png

Now certain games will work with some setting changes. Some will just require a "UMD ISO MODE "change. Most should work on M33 Driver but some like Persona need to use the Sony MP9660 Driver.

200909292243100.png

If you done all that properly it should work. Enjoy!

FAQ:

Q:Does this work with downloaded games, or do they have to be ripped from legit UMD?

A:It works with downloaded games, I'm guessing they say you need the UMD so that this isn't used as a Piracy Tool.

Q:I'm on 5.00 M33-X, This "Game" won't run I've followed the instructions but it doesn't work

A:For some reason it doesn't work well on 5.00 M33-X, sadly you will need to update to a 5.50 GEN Firmware to have a higher chance at running these games.

Q:How do I update from 5.00 M33-X to 5.50 GEN

A:You need to run the GEN Firmwares in a certain way, you can't just go to the latest GEN Firmware, You first have to update to 5.50 GEN-A then from 5.50 GEN-A you can update to 5.50 GEN-B, and from 5.50 GEN-B you can update to 5.50 GEN-B2 (5.50 GEN-B2 is the latest update.)

Alternately you can also install 5.50 GEN-B2 without need to update to GEN-A by using XGEN UPDATER

Q:I downloaded a game but its CSO, can I still patch this CSO?

A:Sadly I haven't tested this myself most of the games I tested were already ISOs none of them came as CSOs, It could work but I'm not sure if anyone has tested this then please post your results.

Q:I get an error when building/saving my ISO/CSO (Common Error Message "Error! Next available LBA position is XXXX but LBA [\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\UPDATE\DATA.BIN] position is XXXX !")

A:Most likely that error means you got a crappy dump/download try getting it again from another place.

Q:Does using Version.txt trick help any games?

A:I don't think so but I do use the 5.55 Version.txt if they don't work try the Version.txt but I doubt it does anything.

Q:How's the compatibility with PSP 3000s that run Chickhen and CFW Enabler.

A:Apperently there's a fix for those who are stuck on 5.03, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184088 or be sure to run Game Decrypter v3 which will allow games to run on 3000s

Q:I did everything properly yet I keep getting this error when loading up a game, "The Game could not be Started. (80020148)" How do I fix this?

A:Just disable, Execute BOOT.BIN and Load Plain Modules, in your PSP's Recovery Menu, and it should work also make sure your using a NO UMD driver. If it's still not working try updating to the latest GEN Firmware.

Q:Is there a list of compatible games?

A: Updated List: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...t=0&start=0
Outdated List:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182603

Q:I've tried everything yet it doesn't work, is there anything left I could do?

A:If you've done everything and it still doesn't work it means you got a crappy dump/download try getting it again from another place.

How to install GEN Firmwares,

To update to a GEN firmware you'll need to be on a custom firmware. So lets say your on 5.00 M33-6 and you want to get to 5.50 GEN-B2, you have to update though a certain way. GEN firmware kinda works like the old OE firmwares. So you can't just go from 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-B2 that could cause problems/glitches or even a brick. You will need to first update 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-A. (Don't go updating from 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-B or 5.50 GEN-B2 if so it could cause problems/glitches or even a brick) Once you've updated to 5.50 GEN-A then from there you can update to 5.50 GEN-B and after 5.50 GEN-B you can update to 5.50 GEN-B2.

An alternative way is by using XGEN UPDATER with it you can update to a GEN-B2 Firmware without having to go though GEN-A or GEN-B. Although some people do have trouble running this updater so its best that you do the first method although if you think you can get it working go ahead and give it a try.

FAQ:

Q:I've updated to GEN-B2 but in my system settings it comes out as "5.50 GEN-B (Full)"

A:5.50 GEN-B2 is just a homebrew patch to fix something. So its not really a new revision its just a patch to make 1 homebrew work.

Download links,

Game Decrypter v4: http://www.mediafire.com/?xdedyeifojm

UMDGen v4.00: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mtwwmy5ciz

(Needs 5.50 EBOOT.PBP - Rename it to SCE.PBP and put in the UPDATE folder) 5.50 GEN-A: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxifzixjziq

5.50 GEN-B: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ntgklk2yzn

5.50 GEN-B2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zlymmindjzm

(Needs 5.50 EBOOT.PBP - Rename it to 550.PBP and put in on the root of your Memory Stick) XGen Updater: http://www.mediafire.com/?mreyezkyzie

5.50 EBOOT.PBP: Sadly this is a copyrighted file so, go search on google for it.

Hope it helps.

PS: Yes I do update this often.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

A:You need to run the GEN Firmwares in a certain way, you can't just go to the latest GEN Firmware, You first have to update to 5.50 GEN-A then from 5.50 GEN-A you can update to 5.50 GEN-B, and from 5.50 GEN-B you can update to 5.50 GEN-B2 (5.50 GEN-B2 is the latest update.)

Actually, you can go straight to 550 GEN B-2 from 5.00m33 any version. The same author as this application recently made one.

PS: I got your mail in regards of Tsu, thanks a lot =)

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
QUOTE said:

Actually, you can go straight to 550 GEN B-2 from 5.00m33 any version. The same author as this application recently made one.

PS: I got your mail in regards of Tsu, thanks a lot =)

Forgot about XGEN UPDATER I've added in. Thanks for reminding me.

Lol Enjoy Tsu, although I kinda find the text to come out kinda small.

gemini-saga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried Tales of Versus and didn't Work...
I have 5.50 Gen B
PSP 2000

I keep getting "The Game could not be Started. (80020148)"
I Tried both Iso loads.

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokemonster1995 said:
i followed tutorial but i didn't work with disgaea 2 because when i boot iso it says error code 80010013
Hmm Never got that error, What firmware and ISO Driver are you using?

gemini-saga said:
I tried Tales of Versus and didn't Work...
I have 5.50 Gen B
PSP 2000

I keep getting "The Game could not be Started. (80020148)"
I Tried both Iso loads.
See the FAQ at the bottom I've answered this,

Q:I did everything properly yet I keep getting this error when loading up a game, "The Game could not be Started. (80020148)" How do I fix this?

A:Just disable, Execute BOOT.BIN and Load Plain Modules, in your PSP's Recovery Menu, and it should work. If it's still not working try updating to the latest GEN Firmware.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Hi i made patches for Persona US , GT Portable US and Naruto EUR(if anyone needs them
wink.gif
)
http://www.mediafire.com/?lztwiyiyyjg
Extract the archive somewhere and drag&drop the ISO file on the Batch file.
After the process you will have a ...-patched.iso.

Thank you so much. I am gonna download Gran Turismo and I will just drag and drop onto your batch file so that I can play the game. I don't know how to use that decryptor program so I really appreciate you doing this for us. Can you also make a patch for Disgaea 2 so that I can play that game too. Thanks so much!

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokemonster1995 said:
i followed tutorial but i didn't work with disgaea 2 because when i boot iso it says error code 80010013

Hit select on the XMB, and go to UMD ISO Mode, and change it to Sony NP9660

gemini-saga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MZ EXE. said:
gemini-saga said:
I tried and Nothing... :z
And my firmware is already 5.50 GEN-B

Hmm how big is the file?

If I think I know where you got this ISO from try getting it from another place since that one has ISO has Issues.

OK thanks I'll try another...

In Reborn 2, the PSP shows some messages in Japanese and give the Screen to write your name... Is it safe or better don't do it?

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd throw out that there appears to be a bad rip of Disgaea 2 out there. I downloaded mine a few weeks ago (from a demonic place), and while it was a clean rip, this method refused to work on it. I tried a dozen different ways of doing it (with/without file list, iso/cso, load settings, etc.) and it never worked. I redownloaded it from a different source, and the method worked flawlessly. And for the record, it wasn't something on my end. The same above method worked on GT and Soul Calibur (minus that weird loading freeze) first try, yet the new download of Disgaea 2 was the only way to fix it.

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gemini-saga said:
MZ EXE. said:
gemini-saga said:
I tried and Nothing... :z
And my firmware is already 5.50 GEN-B

Hmm how big is the file?

If I think I know where you got this ISO from try getting it from another place since that one has ISO has Issues.

OK thanks I'll try another...

In Reborn 2, the PSP shows some messages in Japanese and give the Screen to write your name... Is it safe or better don't do it?
Its been reported to work already so most likely it should be ok to give your name. I'm guessing all its asking for is your nickname to use in the game.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did the tutorial, and I am trying to run Gran Turismo right now..I am having issues cause it goes through the auto saving process, it says not to turn it off it is auto saving, but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I am thinking that I have to do something else to make it work. someone was telling me I have to Press R when I turn it on and enable the m33 driver but I dont know how to do that

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
PuyoDead said:
Just thought I'd throw out that there appears to be a bad rip of Disgaea 2 out there. I downloaded mine a few weeks ago (from a demonic place), and while it was a clean rip, this method refused to work on it. I tried a dozen different ways of doing it (with/without file list, iso/cso, load settings, etc.) and it never worked. I redownloaded it from a different source, and the method worked flawlessly. And for the record, it wasn't something on my end. The same above method worked on GT and Soul Calibur (minus that weird loading freeze) first try, yet the new download of Disgaea 2 was the only way to fix it.
Which rip made yours work? for Disgaea 2 I mean

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PuyoDead said:
Yeah the most common problem seems to be bad rips.

QUOTE(Lakerfanalways @ Sep 30 2009, 11:14 PM) Ok I did the tutorial, and I am trying to run Gran Turismo right now..I am having issues cause it goes through the auto saving process, it says not to turn it off it is auto saving, but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I am thinking that I have to do something else to make it work. someone was telling me I have to Press R when I turn it on and enable the m33 driver but I dont know how to do that
Hmm which version of Gran Turismo are you using, are you using the US version or the EU version.
I've heard the EU has problems playing with that freezing after the auto save process. I've tested the US version and it works perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?