Hacking How to use Devolution with Usb loader Gx version 3.0

zinthin94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been trying forever to figure out how to get my devolution and usb loader gx to sync up. I know i know there is a way to do it,but i cant figure it out.i used clean rip to get get my games onto a partition on my hardrive and im using usb loader gx version 3.0. can anyone help me get my GC games to show up in usb loader gx?

Thanks!

zinthin94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump. does anyone know if this is even possible or know of anyone who has done this.I have literally gone everywhere looking for an answer

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. I f you haven't done it yet, update your USBloaderGX from v3.0 r1180 to v3.0 r1215.

2. download Devo_src package on the first post of devolution thread, inside there's a "loader.bin" file.

3. put the loader.bin on your SD card (or usb) where you want (default folder is /apps/gc_devo/)

4. if you used another folder, launch USBLoaderGX and go to settings > user paths > DEVO Loader path : Set the folder where you put your loader.bin file.

5. either in global settings (for ALL your gamecube games) or in the individual game settings : Set "GameCube Mode" to "Devolution" instead of "MIOS".

Launch the game, it will flash the wii light until your ISO is verrified.
Put your retail disc to verify the backup, then play the game.

zinthin94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! thank you so much! it seems to work, when i put a game in it will accept it and download it. My question is there a way to get all of my games i already downloaded with devolution already to pop up on usb loader gx? or do i have to go and reinstall every game again?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To see them in USBloaderGX, you need to move the games in subfolder.
USBLoaderGX only look in subfolder for the moment.

You currently have :
/games/game name1.iso
/games/game name2.iso

you need :
/games/subfolder 1/game.iso
/games/subfolder 2/game.iso

The subfolder can be either :
Game name
GameID
GameID_Game name
Game name [GameID]

The last two has a faster loader's launch time as it's reading name and ID from the folder instead of opening each ISO one by one to read the game data.
the game's filename must be "game" (not the game name).

If you have games with multi-discs, put both files in the same folder, game.iso and disc2.iso

You can use tools to automatically move the files (GameCube ISO manager, or DMToolbox using RAW option to keep 1:1 iso), or do it manually.

If you move the files to subfolder, maybe you don't have to re-verify the game. (I don't know, you'll have to try).
But if you delete/copy, you will have to verify them again.

zinthin94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright,well in the end i could not get my already loaded games on devolution to show up in usb loader gx.So i had to redownload them all. they are all currently playing nicely now and showing up.My next question is, is there a way to get my roms to be displayed in usb loader gx? or is that not possible yet?

has207

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was having trouble running Viewtiful Joe: Revival with Nintendont (weird missing music and other issues) so I gave Devolution a try. I was able to get it working on a physical Wii as follows:

- Get devolution src zip and copy data/loader.bin from that archive to sd:/apps/games/gc_dev/loader.bin (it doesn't seem to be included with binary distribution for some reason)
- Make sure UsbLoader GX had its Devolution loader path pointed at above path (it was by default)
- Use CleanRip to extract the iso and move it to sd:/games/Viewtiful Joe Revival.iso (not subfolder)
- Start up Devolution from HBC and register my disc as normal (insert disc, wait for game to start once with physical disc in the drive)
- Copy the the iso to sd:/games/Viewtiful Joe Revival [GVFJ08]/game.iso (there are now two copies on my sd card, one for Devolution and one for USB Loader)
- Run UsbLoader GX which can now see the game in its list and configure it to start with Devolution

Game seems to run fine on the Wii. I haven't tried getting it to boot on vWii yet but I expect similar process would work after pairing the wiimote, etc.

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I was having trouble running Viewtiful Joe: Revival with Nintendont (weird missing music and other issues) so I gave Devolution a try. I was able to get it working on a physical Wii as follows:

- Get devolution src zip and copy data/loader.bin from that archive to sd:/apps/games/gc_dev/loader.bin (it doesn't seem to be included with binary distribution for some reason)
- Make sure UsbLoader GX had its Devolution loader path pointed at above path (it was by default)
- Use CleanRip to extract the iso and move it to sd:/games/Viewtiful Joe Revival.iso (not subfolder)
- Start up Devolution from HBC and register my disc as normal (insert disc, wait for game to start once with physical disc in the drive)
- Copy the the iso to sd:/games/Viewtiful Joe Revival [GVFJ08]/game.iso (there are now two copies on my sd card, one for Devolution and one for USB Loader)
- Run UsbLoader GX which can now see the game in its list and configure it to start with Devolution

Game seems to run fine on the Wii. I haven't tried getting it to boot on vWii yet but I expect similar process would work after pairing the wiimote, etc.
I have this problem aswell with viewtiful joe revival,

I'll try this technique when I have sparetime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM