Hacking How To Use CFW While Playing A DS Game?

Xonare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CFW Turns Off When Playing A DS Game, Any Help? Oh And I'm On The New 2DS XL, I'm On The Newest Firmware Version I Use Luma3DS, The Luma3DS Menu And The BootNTR (Selector) Menu Don't Open, The DS Game Works Fine. Oh And I Don't Want Cheats, I Want Screen Sharing To My Computer (More Exactly Mac)!

Last edited by Xonare,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK sounds like ds mode is bricked which can happen when installing 3ds cfw. The good news is its an easy fix. Just follow this guide to fix ds mode and everything will now work. Look at the section called
DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide

https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Xonare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
AmandaRose, The Fix Didn't Work :( But The DS Game Did Work Before The Fix.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright Looks Like You Need More Info, Its A DSiWare Game Called Come On! Heroes, The Game Works Good But The Rosalina Menu Doesn't Open While I Play The Game, Neither Does The BootNTR (Selector) Menu.

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea it boots into DS Mode

Alright Looks Like You Need More Info, Its A DSiWare Game Called Come On! Heroes, The Game Works Good But The Rosalina Menu Doesn't Open While I Play The Game, Neither Does The BootNTR (Selector) Menu.

Just like Swadow said before, when you are loading and DS, DSi title your 3DS boot into DS mode and in DS mode all 3DS specific features don't work, that's how it works

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I'm a woman so don't call me f'n bruh or brah or bro that's hugely disrespectful go learn how to properly speak to females . Secondly I said sounds like its bricked I never said must be bricked so bruh read the thread.

Thirdly ds games clearly aren't working right as @Xonare 3ds switches off when playing them.

And last but not least if you are not willing to suggest a way for xonare to fix the problem then you have no need to be here being a dick. Thank you

Wait a sec, where dose it says that 3DS switch off? OP said that "CFW is turning off" and not that whole system is shutting down aka DS mode works fine only 3DS specific features don't work... and this is normal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok so wheh replying to someone actually check their name before commenting to avoid being inadvertently rude to them.

Secondly my original post has been liked by TurdPooCharger who as we all know is the fountain of all knowledge on this site when it comes to the 3ds so he clearly things my post was the correct advice or we are both totally wrong and that's not like TurdPooCharger. Anyhoo whatever is going on the op has to be clearer with what the actual issue is.

If the actual issue is that luma is not working in ds mode well then as you say there is no issue as luma is purely for 3ds mode not ds mode.
You're wrong. Simple. I'd say I'm reasonably knowledgeable about this subject.

And well, I just skipped over the name straight to the post.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Dionicio3

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Figure that I better provide some sort of alternative since you are wanting bootntr and the rosalina menu to access what I assume would be cheats, give R4 cards a try. While you will have to put the dsiware on the R4 cart and play it instead of having it installed straight on the system. You should also have access to a cheat menu before you launch the game that you want to play

CycloDS iEvolution is one of the few carts that can play dsiware games. You might have to do some more research into what other carts exist and can play dsiware games, but it's an alternative to what you are trying to do. I currently use the R4i Gold plus, but I don't know if it plays dsiware.

but not being able to access bootntr and rosalina menu while playing the dsiware game is normal since rosalina and bootntr is 3ds mode only

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Figure that I better provide some sort of alternative since you are wanting bootntr and the rosalina menu to access what I assume would be cheats, give R4 cards a try. While you will have to put the dsiware on the R4 cart and play it instead of having it installed straight on the system. You should also have access to a cheat menu before you launch the game that you want to play

CycloDS iEvolution is one of the few carts that can play dsiware games. You might have to do some more research into what other carts exist and can play dsiware games, but it's an alternative to what you are trying to do. I currently use the R4i Gold plus, but I don't know if it plays dsiware.

but not being able to access bootntr and rosalina menu while playing the dsiware game is normal since rosalina and bootntr is 3ds mode only
hmm, I don't think I have one of those yet. I might get one of those myself, it'll be a decent addition to my collection.

Reactions: Exannor

Deleted member 457158

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

another quick alternative is by using Nitrohax.
I've used it before and it works, but you need to use some tools to shrink down the size of the cheat database because the application has a size limit.
It can be installed as a CIA, and is able to launch slot-1 carts with cheats applied.
link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nitrohax-homebrew-action-replay-alternative-now-working-as-a-cia.438638/

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry to let you down but only iEvo is capable of running DSi enhanced games, no DSiware or DSi only games can be played directly from Flashcard... but TWiLight Menu++ can help wit that ;) and it has cheats support as well

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry to let you down but only iEvo is capable of running DSi enhanced games, no DSiware or DSi only games can be played directly from Flashcard... but TWiLight Menu++ can help wit that ;) and it has cheats support as well
Oh. That's too bad. meh. I might still get one.

Deleted member 457158

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry my last statement wasn't true, you can play DSiWare and dsi only games from any flashcard as long as it is done by TWiLight Menu++
ahh yes, i didn't even think about TWiLight Menu++. I have it installed, and it works really well. Its able to run a rom hack of mkds that I could never get to run with my r4 or TWLMenu (old TWiLight Menu++).

Last edited by Deleted member 457158,

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry my last statement wasn't true, you can play DSiWare and dsi only games from any flashcard as long as it is done by TWiLight Menu++
We were both half right lol

I saw someone saying that the ievo was able to play dsiware games in another post so I assumed it was true and like I said, I only have the r4i gold plus lol

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
AK2i along with AKAiO has no problem with DSi titles, and has cheat support.

Last edited by Joom,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I saw someone saying that the ievo was able to play dsiware games
It's the mirror side of the same issue that makes physical DS games (designed to read from slot-1) not work if installed to twlnand - and just like certain demos DO work that way (due to not loading further data after they start), a small number of DSiwares happen to work from a DSi flashcard (or even a DS flashcard if they run in DS mode - like Pictochat 2) :)

AK2i along with AKAiO has no problem with DSi titles, and has cheat support.
It runs them in DS mode, though (as do most flashcards) - without DSi features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage