Hacking how to update XCi game titles.

patachitar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i have an xci file, i connect online, how do i install the update?
Or this has to be done manually by some nsp shit.

maskdemask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe update the game like any other?
Or update via NSP.

not the op, but from what I heard those who only play .xci games are less likely to be banned than people that rely on .nsp. I know things aren't black and white and that .xci can also get you banned, but still, it appears to be a safer method -- since it's like you're playing a cartridge game.

tx, for instance, claims playing xci titles in sx os with stealth mode enabled should not get you banned when using your original switch firmware online, hence they recommend a game cartridge emulation solution.

that said, doesn't updating a .xci using .nsp defeat the purpose of sticking to .xci to reduce the odds of a ban?

Last edited by maskdemask,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
not the op, but from what I heard those who only play .xci games are less likely to be banned than people that rely on .nsp. I know things aren't black and white and that .xci can also get you banned, but still, it appears to be a safer method -- since it's like you're playing a cartridge game.

tx, for instance, claims playing xci titles in sx os with stealth mode enabled should not get you banned when using your original switch firmware online, hence they recommend a game cartridge emulation solution.

that said, doesn't updating a .xci using .nsp defeat the purpose of sticking to .xci to reduce the odds of a ban?
1. I know that.
2. Stealth mode = no comunication with server. but that still does not make it safe.
3. Don't think that updates need specific certs. But maybe they do.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I know that.
2. Stealth mode = no comunication with server. but that still does not make it safe.
3. Don't think that updates need specific certs. But maybe they do.
updates do not require any specific certs. You can take your friends cart and put it in your switch and you'd be able to update it with no problems. That's the reason updating xci's are safe to do as long as you're updating from official firmware.

maskdemask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
updates do not require any specific certs. You can take your friends cart and put it in your switch and you'd be able to update it with no problems. That's the reason updating xci's are safe to do as long as you're updating from official firmware.

so I should update .xci games by connecting my switch online (ofw)?

tbh I'm keeping offline 24/7 (autoban, lol) and only intend to go online after restoring my rawnand. however, once the nand is restored, I suppose it will be like no cartridge has ever been used, which would render it impossible to update any games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tbh I'm keeping offline 24/7 (autoban, lol) and only intend to go online after restoring my rawnand -- apart from not hacking the switch at all, it's the safest way to avoid a ban, I heard. however, once the nand is restored, I suppose it will be like no cartridge has ever been used, which would render it impossible to update any games.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tbh I'm keeping offline 24/7 (autoban, lol) and only intend to go online after restoring my rawnand. however, once the nand is restored, I suppose it will be like no cartridge has ever been used, which would render it impossible to update any games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
so yeah you answered your own question.

thenightflyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I updated all my xci games when the game asked to install a new game update. And ban is avoided until you don't play online with that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-