How to update the gateway card ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PrismeCube, Feb 7, 2016.

1. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Hello, it's been literally ages since the last time I opened my 3DS and played with the gateway card as well. I literally forgot everything, I became a noob again-

How do we update the gateway card ? Also, my emunand is at 9.4.0-21E right now, can I update it to the lastest frimware currently available ? (10.5.0-30E iirc)

I'm sorry if a similar thread exists, I couldn't find it.

Thanks for reading!

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
  3. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Do I need to repeat the install process with the blue card or I just gotta drop the launcher.dat in my SD card ? Also thanks !

4. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    just drop in the dat file i suppose *dont own a gateway since you dont need one for emunand*

5. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Oh, is that new ?

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Put the latest launcher on your SD card. Launch gateway. If it needs to update it will (it won't, if you already have emuNAND 9.4 then you already are using Ultra). Go to system settings. Check you're in emuNAND (will say "GW3D" before the firmware. Don't exit. Go to other settings, then update. Your GW entry point will not change since you are updating emuNAND not sysNAND.

7. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    copy your new launcher.dat file on the sdcard in your 3ds,not on the sdcard in gateway,or it doesnt update.

8. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    That's all ? I really thought I had to go through the install process again lol, in any case, thanks y'all !

Last edited by PrismeCube, Feb 7, 2016
  9. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Ok so I updated everything. When I updated emunand to the latest version, I got a black screen at reboot and waited ten minutes. I saw it wasn't going anywhere so I powered it off and reboot again. It doesn't impact anything right ?

10. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Sorry for spamming the thread, I need confirmation !

11. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    if you have updated your gateway,you can try to format the sdcard on your 3ds.
    then make a new emunand and update your emunand to latest firmware.
    be sure your on gw3ds if you update your emunand,or your ending updating your sysnand.

12. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    The thing is it works now, I just had to reboot when the black screen showed during 5 min. I just wanted to know if it didn't break anything or something like that

13. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    backup your nand,if something happens,you can flash it back via hardware mod.

14. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Are you absolutely certain you have the latest Gateway launcher.dat? Should be 3.7.1

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry I should have kept reading before replying. Glad you got it working :-)

15. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Don't worry it's ok ! But am I worrying too much ? If it's working, there isn't any problem right ?

16. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yeah if it is working, there shouldn't be any problem. The black screen is what you get when there's been a major change to the home menu and the Gateway launcher (or CFW or whatever you're using) isn't updated to take it into account. On minor changes to the home menu, Gateway will work except the Select menu will be broken.

17. PrismeCube
    OP

PrismeCube Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Thank you so much ! I don't have anything to worry about anymore !

Quantumcat likes this.