Hacking How to update the gateway card ?

PrismeCube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, it's been literally ages since the last time I opened my 3DS and played with the gateway card as well. I literally forgot everything, I became a noob again-

How do we update the gateway card ? Also, my emunand is at 9.4.0-21E right now, can I update it to the lastest frimware currently available ? (10.5.0-30E iirc)

I'm sorry if a similar thread exists, I couldn't find it.

Thanks for reading!

PrismeCube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do I need to repeat the install process with the blue card or I just gotta drop the launcher.dat in my SD card ? Also thanks !

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just drop in the dat file i suppose *dont own a gateway since you dont need one for emunand*

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Put the latest launcher on your SD card. Launch gateway. If it needs to update it will (it won't, if you already have emuNAND 9.4 then you already are using Ultra). Go to system settings. Check you're in emuNAND (will say "GW3D" before the firmware. Don't exit. Go to other settings, then update. Your GW entry point will not change since you are updating emuNAND not sysNAND.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
copy your new launcher.dat file on the sdcard in your 3ds,not on the sdcard in gateway,or it doesnt update.

PrismeCube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so I updated everything. When I updated emunand to the latest version, I got a black screen at reboot and waited ten minutes. I saw it wasn't going anywhere so I powered it off and reboot again. It doesn't impact anything right ?

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you have updated your gateway,you can try to format the sdcard on your 3ds.
then make a new emunand and update your emunand to latest firmware.
be sure your on gw3ds if you update your emunand,or your ending updating your sysnand.

PrismeCube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The thing is it works now, I just had to reboot when the black screen showed during 5 min. I just wanted to know if it didn't break anything or something like that

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so I updated everything. When I updated emunand to the latest version, I got a black screen at reboot and waited ten minutes. I saw it wasn't going anywhere so I powered it off and reboot again. It doesn't impact anything right ?
Are you absolutely certain you have the latest Gateway launcher.dat? Should be 3.7.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The thing is it works now, I just had to reboot when the black screen showed during 5 min. I just wanted to know if it didn't break anything or something like that
Sorry I should have kept reading before replying. Glad you got it working :-)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't worry it's ok ! But am I worrying too much ? If it's working, there isn't any problem right ?
Yeah if it is working, there shouldn't be any problem. The black screen is what you get when there's been a major change to the home menu and the Gateway launcher (or CFW or whatever you're using) isn't updated to take it into account. On minor changes to the home menu, Gateway will work except the Select menu will be broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse