Hacking How to update Luma Sys to a specific version ?

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My kids are running both Luma (a9hl) and Gateway (Yes they want to keep this Gateway part).

It is pretty easy to update Gateway's emunand first booting with Dpad down and then Dpad up when the Gateway logo appears. I have updated emunand to 11.2 but I don't know how to update Luma to a specific version.

Thanks for your help.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the Luma GitHub, download the specific version you want, and replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file in your SD Card with the one in the Luma archive

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Go to the Luma GitHub, download the specific version you want, and replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file in your SD Card with the one in the Luma archive
seems like he/she is trying to update the system version (idk, gateway weird things), and if is only one device, afaik a brick may happen (booting gateway mode on 11.3+)

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like he/she is trying to update the system version (idk, gateway weird things), and if is only one device, afaik a brick may happen (booting gateway mode on 11.3+)
Oh shat. Well, I'm assuming it's one console.

They said they only wanted to update Luma, and that they've already updated their emuNAND. And yes, I believe using Gateway above a certain firmware results in a brick.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, the consoles are all the same for my kids. They are all O3Ds (apart from one) and are all running both emunand (Gateway) and Luma (Sys 9.2). I would like to update the Luma part to 11.2 (not further to prevent brick risk).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To get a specific version of the CFW, get it from github (official or https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/)
However, it's rarely an advantage to use an outdated CFW (mainly due to the patches to go online on outdated system versions)

To get a specific version of the operating system, you'll have to hunt down a sysupdater cia pack or a ctrtransfer image containing the version you want.
For the specific case of 11.2, the 3Down topic can probably help you...

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have Luma on 11.4 as Gateway will boot EmuNAND (11.2) by default unless you force it otherwise. as long as nobody forces Gateway to boot SysNAND and does not delete or update the EmuNAND to 11.4, the console will be fine.

Last edited by driverdis,

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I, honestly, don't have the confidence to say "you wiil not brick if you do X". Gateway things. But the sysupdater cia guy is right, there are a cia that with the necesary files let you update or downgrade to a specific system version

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can have Luma on 11.4 as Gateway will boot EmuNAND (11.2) by default unless you force it otherwise. as long as nobody forces Gateway to boot SysNAND and does not delete or update the EmuNAND to 11.4, the console will be fine.
I'm not sure I can explain the kids how not to boot sysnand (this is still obscur to me). Booting not pressing any keys boots into Luma (Sys 9.2) while booting with Dpad down boots Emunand 11.2.
I have always told the kids not to update the console when they get a message to do so. They stick to this.
So how would I go about updating Sys to 11.2 (I'd rather not take the risk to go further since it could brick the consoles or remove emunand).

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not wanting to jack this thread with my own question, yet mine is similar to this but the other way around. I want a 11.2 Emunand on a 11.4 a9lh luma sysnand setup. https://gbatemp.net/threads/want-to...rednand-on-my-11-4-a9lh-sysnand-setup.469401/

Any help will be appreciated.

it is the same, not reverse. the thread here is for the OP to use 11.2 EmuNAND on 11.2 SysNAND (via manual upgrading), of which I wanted the OP to use 11.4 Luma SysNAND instead.
that would fit your situation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs