1. Anonfake123

OP Anonfake123 Member
    Newcomer

Armenia
    With all of the if you did this expect to get banned soon comments I'm expecting to get banned soon.
    People have said that you can still download games from the eShop and update while banned. I have some questions on this.
    1) I've only seen people download free demos from the PC to the switch. How about purchased games as well as games not purchased yet and you purchase it on PC while your switch is banned. Will this still be downloaded on the switch?
    2) People have said you can still update after you are banned. Does this include both Game Updates and Firmware Updates? Both are important, especially the Firmware updates to be able to play new games.
    3) How do you go about receiving Game updates or Firmware Updates after you have been banned? Will Game Updates still automatically update while you're connected to the internet and will Firmware Updates still work as regular by going into Settings and Updating?

Thank you.

2. randomt

randomt Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    What have you done that makes you think you'll be banned soon?

3. Al-hwj

Al-hwj Member
    Newcomer

France
    I have bought Darkest Dungeon after my console ban, bought from PC and downloaded on Switch normally after pressing Refresh download progress on the profile tab.

4. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    What's the point of purchasing games after you've been banned? At that point just pirate away.

5. Wezaa

Wezaa GBAtemp Regular

Currently no way to play backup eShop games, or DLC using a backup loader.

6. CapitanSburro

CapitanSburro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    eshop games soon, I know a guy, 2 months tops

jakkal and Erol like this.
  7. Boz

Boz Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    True.

8. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Maniac

Croatia
    When you're banned, you're only restricted to play online. Other online functions should work fine as i'm aware.

9. coppertj

coppertj GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sx os will update your games even if banned as long as theirs an internet connection. (This is if u really think you're going to get banned, like me, updated xenoverse 2.)

10. Erol
    This message by Erol has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 1, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 1, 2018
  11. CapitanSburro
    This message by CapitanSburro has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 1, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 1, 2018
  12. Deleted-351540
    This message by Deleted-351540 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 1, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 1, 2018
  13. NightStorm1000

NightStorm1000 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I can still Update and Download my eShop Games normaly with a Banned Console.
    I cant access the Eshop but if I have the Icon still on the Main Screen I can download it without a Problem.

14. mrjoshuaco
    This message by mrjoshuaco has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jul 1, 2018, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 1, 2018
  15. SodaSoba

SodaSoba {iconic}

United Kingdom
    Currently on sxos most of the games I run want to update, I don't really care about a console ban but would I be able to update said games?

16. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It may get you banned but yes update away if you don't care about that

SodaSoba likes this.
  17. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    No eshop access as well.

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  18. SodaSoba

SodaSoba {iconic}

United Kingdom
    Time to update games I guess....

I unlinked my account I'm wondering if Nintendo will still ban the account originally associated with the switch

19. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Though there is still a method to download games you already own and even buy new ones.... Though this loop hole may be closed at any point....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As long as the account wasn't already flagged that should make it safe.... Though they may still ban said account. Even still it could have already been flagged for a ban. Nintendo tends to issue them in waves.

20. slicer2k

slicer2k Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Another thing, i can't link an account anymore in my banned console, so if you get banned and have not linked/or unlink account you won't be able to do it anymore.

Last edited by slicer2k, Jul 2, 2018
  21. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can try calling Nintendo to unlink it but its up to them if they want to.

22. Sebi_Zocer

Sebi_Zocer Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    So, i have experiences with updates after beeing banned for ALL online features. My brother has an Switch which isnt banned, so he is still downloading all the updates for my games on his console and then he shares them to mine. For Firmware updates its tricky, but i got it, somehow. I updated mk8d and had to download the newest firmware. Maybe that works for everyone, but in my chase i had tried to load an nsp of mk8d and it was corrupted, the Switch navigated me through lots of windows and in the end i had to download an update via server, but that wasnt possible, so i did it over the Switch of my brother and with this move i downloaded 6.0.0 too.

Sorry for my bad english, but i wanted to write this, if someone is looking for that

23. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this topic didnt age well.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - update, banned,