Hardware How to Troubleshoot New 2DS XL Repair?

Prodigious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to repair a New 2DS XL on and off for a while now. It will charge (or at least show a charging light) when it's plugged in but does nothing when I try the button. I've tried replacing the battery but the problem persists. I've also separated out the motherboard and washed it in an ultrasonic cleaner with isopropyl and gave it more than enough time to dry.

At this point my biggest guess is that one of the screens is busted and that's why it's not turning on. I've checked the ribbon cables and the parts that attach to the motherboard don't look damaged. From what I understand if one of the cables is broken that could cause this problem. Is there any guides to a step by step troubleshooting to figure out what the problem is? Or is it as much of a pain as disconnecting each part and seeing if it boots?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've been trying to repair a New 2DS XL on and off for a while now. It will charge (or at least show a charging light) when it's plugged in but does nothing when I try the button. I've tried replacing the battery but the problem persists. I've also separated out the motherboard and washed it in an ultrasonic cleaner with isopropyl and gave it more than enough time to dry.

At this point my biggest guess is that one of the screens is busted and that's why it's not turning on. I've checked the ribbon cables and the parts that attach to the motherboard don't look damaged. From what I understand if one of the cables is broken that could cause this problem. Is there any guides to a step by step troubleshooting to figure out what the problem is? Or is it as much of a pain as disconnecting each part and seeing if it boots?
It would still turn on but shut off immediately if the screens or any other important part are broken/disconnected
Maybe it's some power connection issues or maybe the motherboard is just dead

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...