ROM Hack How to translate?

Mouaijin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really found any guide of any kind of use for beginning translating NDS roms, and would really like to start.
A couple friends and I would like to practice our Japanese and have some kind of noticeable product from it all, and I dislike subtitling.
So, how does one go about translating DS roms?

If someone wants to link me sarcastically to a guide I overlooked, or take me under their wing lovingly, I'd appreciate either.
Thanks, and sorry for the bother.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know Japanese, there are always hackers looking for translators. Just check the index of translations thread, find a game that interests you, and inquire within the project thread.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mouaijin said:
I haven't really found any guide of any kind of use for beginning translating NDS roms, and would really like to start.
A couple friends and I would like to practice our Japanese and have some kind of noticeable product from it all, and I dislike subtitling.
So, how does one go about translating DS roms?

If someone wants to link me sarcastically to a guide I overlooked, or take me under their wing lovingly, I'd appreciate either.
Thanks, and sorry for the bother.
If you are planning to learn rom hacking, then I think you should go with guides at www.romhacking.net and fast's stickied post.
However, without programming knowledge, fully translating a ROM can be hard.
Also, many projects are waiting for translators to help. (Just like my project)
So if you want to help in the translating portion, just ask the project leader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...